The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » What's in a name? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
Hi,

When I perform I dress as either a general entertainer (smart clothes, bright waistcoat and bowtie, red bowler hat) a magician (tuxedo with black bowtie) or a jester. I have adamantly refused at any point to be known as a clown. My friend GeeJay the clown just as adamantly refuses to dress and work as a jester. We both perform juggling, magic, balloons etc. humourously.

Do other people out there have a similar attitude or is it just us?

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I tried the clowning with some succes. Nowadays I dress either as a modern Jester with some old attributes or as and old fashioned jester with bells and all that crap. I tried to dress smart and as a traditional magican on some occations - but it just didn't feel right. I am not that kind of person - and the shows I do are pretty informal. Mostly on the street or at festivals or markets.

It could be fun with people posting photos of characters and dresses. Just to compare styles. I have some (kinda bad) photos on my page http://www.arkadia.se/fotofilm.htm

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
Arkadia, I think you are very right. The costume you wear must feel right to you. I am more comfortable in a regular suit if I'm doing a show for adults, but at an outdoor party, or craft fare, the suit would be way wrong. I like the idea of a jester costume for that sort of venue.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » What's in a name? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL