The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Out of print books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RP
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of RP
Does anyone know of a place that sells out of print magic books? I've heard good things about David Williamson's book and would like to get a copy.
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
There are several fine book dealers that carry magic books. Do a search (or check for magic links) for H&R Books, Aladdin Books, Bradbury Books (there are others, but these three are on the top of my list at the moment). I would check with them before trying to buy David Williamson's book on ebay. Good luck. It is a good book.
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1770 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Byron Walker of San Leandro Ca. has about any magic book you would want, unfortunately he does not have a website. If you are interested I could get his phone number.Are you sure Williamsons book is out of print ?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
I think this topic was also posted before with a lot of comments. Michael Canick still has some stuff and also H&R books, and usually between internet searches, some phone calls, Ebay and the Café, you can find what your looking for. There are several dealers in California where I bought Williamson's Wonders, and a few others out of print.

Speaking of H&R, less than 1 year ago I got my first edition of Out of Control by Kenner when it had been out of print for awhile. He actually had 2 of them and I should have bought them both. rrrrr!!!!
RP
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of RP
I looked for this topic before but couldn't find one that gave any specific places. As for Williamson's book, all the places I have looked have said that it is out of print.
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
I tried to sell one here a couple of weeks ago and a two clowns trashed the offer. One guy, e-man, told everyone that it was available on the Genii site for $35 I PM'd him and also openly posted that this was wrong - never gave me the courtesy of a response!

The other guy whose name I forget basically said it was available all over the net for practically nothing.

Ruined my sale and accomplished nothing positive.

Sorry, fellers - just blowing off some steam.

sam
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
So, Sam,

Is the book still available? And, for how much?

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6948 Posts

Profile of Dougini
FYI, just in case you haven't read the Prism topic (I missed it before posting this), and if you are looking for the "Color" books from Phil Goldstein (Max Maven), they are available again from L&L Publishing, titled PRISM:

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2124

Phil's book Focus is back in print...go here:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/

Do a search under "Focus", and it's there!

Hope this helps, if you've been wanting these...

Doug
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 10:18, jrandcc wrote:
Michael Canick still has some stuff

I recently got an email from canick saying they were no longer selling magic books.

Byron Walker is a great source, as is Andy greget and H&R. All three of them will help you find it if they ain't got it!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
RP
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of RP
Thanks for the suggestions!
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1770 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Here you go for your hard to find magic books,

Byron Walker
PO Box 3186
San Leandro, CA 94578
510-276-1854
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Out of print books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL