The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dove & Diamond 3 card monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Does anyone know where I can find a video clip of Dove and Diamond performing their Jumbo 3 card Monte effect? Please let me know.
Thanks
Ken
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
They performed this on an old television special. I see it as a confusing presentation done to music and silent. This is a standard in their act for many years.
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
I am fairly confident that they have performed that routine on one of the world's greatest magic specials, can't remember which.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I don't think they were on the greatest magic special, probably on one of the PAX TV special. I believe I have the clip but just can't remember which one.
Bill,
Do you have any suggestion on how to perform this routine, I'd like to do this with my son but can't find the smooth way to do it yet.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Goldfinger and Dove? Maybe?

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
I have never heard of Diamond & DOve but Gold Finger & Dove were on Worlds Greatest Magicians I believe.

All they really do is use the sliding monte cards and no speaking- it's not really that creative. just buy the card set you'll understand.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 06:47, wmhegbli wrote:
They performed this on an old television special. I see it as a confusing presentation done to music and silent. This is a standard in their act for many years.

I saw Goldfinger and Dove perform it live, years ago. I thought the effect was crystal clear - not the least bit confusing.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Yep pretty easy to understand
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Yes I do think you are referring to Goldfinger and Dove. I have seen this many times and it is a great presentation of the effect. They have been doing it for years. I seem to recall they were on some Tv special doing this. I may even have it in my collection. I will have to take a look and see what I can find. The other copuple you may be confusing the name with is Victor and Diamond.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 20:09, knmagic wrote:
Bill,
Do you have any suggestion on how to perform this routine, I'd like to do this with my son but can't find the smooth way to do it yet.

I have several sets of instructions for this routine. It is a 'Find the Lady' effect. You can tell a story of a 3 card monte scam. Set up 3 chairs and place a card on each.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
If you're still looking, I know I have them on video doing this routine. PM me if you want me to search for it. Personally, I think it's a poor routine. They're both hopping around like they have ants in their pants, and I think that's what makes it confusing for some people. The routine itself is simple to follow, but all the jumping aorund is quite distracting and IMO takes away from the routine.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It is Goldfinger and Dove. They do it to David Rose's "The Stripper". I think it is a great routine. Do not try to do their routine. You will look like a fool. They move in ways I could never but on them I think it looks good.

I think it works best with an assistant who shuffles things around while you are not looking but you magically still work out ahead. Some notable routines I have seen over the years include Landis Smith and Stuart McDonald.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Hi, Ken! I love their routine as well. By coincidence, I happen to have Goldfinger & Dove performing this routine on an Abbott's Get-Together video. It is still available at some stores (and, of course, at Abbott's Magic) for about $20. Specifically, it is on ABBOTT'S 1994 MAGIC GET-TOGETHER HIGHLIGHTS, which features appearances, performances, lectures and tips by: Harry Blackstone, Jr., Al Cohen, Jose De La Torre, Greg Frewin, Karrell Fox, Goldfinger & Dove, Invisible Inc., Chris Jakway, David Kaplan, Jamal Keyes, Simon Lovell, Billy McComb, Jim Oakley, Pavel, Dick Stoner, Earl Ray Wilcox, Mitch Williams, Mike Younger, and many surprise guests and performances.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Thank you all for the feedback and resource. It's certainly very helful to me. Yes, I don't think I can dance like them and I don't intend to do so. I was trying to see what moves that make sense and appropriate for my little boy to do at his school show. He loves to dance around the stage like a monkey when I perform magic so that was the reason I thought about Gold Finger & Dove's routine. The funny thing is the audiences love the way he dances eventhough he distracted my performance sometime. I guess whatever kids do is fun to watch. Until now, I still don't let him do this trick yet because he still not nail down the routine yet.
Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dove & Diamond 3 card monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL