The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Weather prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
Hi !

just got a call from a local tv station asking me if I can predict the weather.
I have a show on 1. may and they want me to open the prediction on this show.
any recommendations for effects or methods?
I know every headline prediction could work, but maybe there is more.
thanks for your help.

mario
Matt Andrews
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
219 Posts

Profile of Matt Andrews
Take the weather preciction for today, modify it with a few words and deliver it. You'll be right 80% of the time ::-) (I'm not joking)

Sincerely
Matt
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Easy...a "Vernet" or an impromptu billet knife...no sweat !

~Rick~
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
Nice tip, but I want it a little bigger, with signature and ......
thought about teleport envelope
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6322 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Check out Dan Harlan's method in his Mentalism in a suitcase DVD.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Ditto to what Greg said.

Go with Dan Harlan's method Smile It's crystal clear (pun intended!)
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Conlaw
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Conlaw
Is the "Mentalism in a suitcase" the same thing as his "Packs Small Plays Big Mentlaism show" DVD?

Conlaw
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
No, it´s not the same
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6322 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-04-22 09:25, Conlaw wrote:
Is the "Mentalism in a suitcase" the same thing as his "Packs Small Plays Big Mentlaism show" DVD?

Conlaw

Actually that's the one I was talking about... I didn't remember the name correctly. I think the name of the effect is called Capsule.
He basically has the person hold a sealed overnight enveloped that is opened piece by piece and insider there are other containers until it gets down to a sealed plastic ball... the kind kids get in gumball machines... and inside is the prediction.
It is very deceptive and very easy to make up.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
Hi Mario,

There's an effect in my book MESSING WITH MINDS called WEATHERMAN that's specifically about that premise. In my version however, the audience creates an absurd list of conditions and my prediction matches. Typically, it's something fun like "Partly cloudy and humid with hail and chance of milkshakes" ... all based on variables that the audience has generated during the show.

But for actually predicting the weather I use something I call the BIG HEADLINE PREDICTION which is my specific handling and a routined of a media predicition based on Ted Lesley's Teleport Envelope. Lesley's prop is described in his book ParaMiracles, his DVD and a small (unsuitable) version is available from magic retailers and Mssr. Lesley.

If either of these are of interest, you'll find them in my book, or if you're in a rush, drop my a PM and perhaps I can send you a relevant excerpt to get you in the right direction.

Good luck and fair weather,

James
James Biss
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
It would add a nice touch if you would describe the tie or suit, etc, that the local, popular, TV personalaity wheatherman is wearing if he happens to be the "celebrity" guest that opens the prediction at the event.
Ted (Leondo)
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
Nice touch , thx

and I think it´s true what a friend of me said:
"great brains are thinking similar" Smile because he came up with the same
idea a few days ago.

greetings from austria

mario
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Actually our Glass Box would allow you to do this. I've used it on radio before.
Using the first method described with the trick. You'd give the sealed glass box to the host a week before the show with 3 slips in it. Each slip would have some data about that day and the weather, with the last slip giving exact details even to the temp range for that day. Instead of prediciting headlines you could do this one on one with the host opening the box and removing the slips and reading the predictions with you being 100% correct. (which may be too perfect so I'd be only 98% correct which is better than the real weatherpeople most of time)

That is the good news. The bad news is that our trick is not available from HP til the first week of May and your show is May 1. So keep this in mind for the future if you decide to do this again sometime.
BTW the glass box prediction would allow for one of the slips to predict also what the person is wearing when opening the predictions.

Regards....
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Surf the Net and get a short-range forecast for your area for the next 14 days. It's a public service. With a show this close it'll be pretty accurate.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Locusts and bees?

Are you sure you looked up the date in this year's almanac?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Weather prediction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL