The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Black Tiger Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
I just got a couple black tiger decks today..and I simply have to say they are stunning. Quality as good, if not better than my standard bike decks..Makes a very beautiful fan, and lots of people have come up to me and were like duuude, check out those cards, that's awesome...

If used correctly it can definitely act as a good way to distract people.

What do ya'll think?
The Presitidigitationist
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
305 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
Justin:

Did you get a deck with a few of the spare gaffed cards? If so it makes for a dramatic snap change. People love it when the card goes negative right before their eyes.
spillvermouth
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of spillvermouth
I have a lot to learn, but don't these seem a little gaffed until the product becomes streamlined? I mean, geez, these cards are natural right? Granted, the proper presentation can pull off anything, but the those cards are definately different!Just a thought...
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Yeah my deck has four extra cards...2 jokers (dunno if you can consider these "extra" but I do.), a regular faced 3 of clubs..and an Ace of spades with the middle symbol slightly twisted. the ace of spades is my favorite trick. I do a neat little trick with it where I show a spec a regular ace of spades, and replace it on the top of the deck, and then ask them to rub the deck, then I pick up the top card again, and the middle symbol has twisted. I act suprised and tell them "You messed up my card!" But I say, don't worry, I can fix it I think. I put the card back and twist real hard, acting like it's real hard to do, and then show the card restored to normal.

I'd really like to get one of the gaffed black tiger decks too. Some neat gaff cards in that deck.

Spillvermouth see my PM
The Presitidigitationist
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
305 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
I've looked over the gaffed deck. I would have to get my handling skills up before I consider buying it. I can do a double l*** and a snap change, but some of the gaffs demand much better handling than I have.
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Yeah I'm working some on my DL's. I can do it effectively enough, but my problem is when I'm done with the trick, a lot of the people I do magic for, they don't ask, they just grab the deck from my hands. I guess I'll have to start palming off that top card when I'm done...for some reason I cant do the snap change right now..I guess Ill have to start practicing that..im working on my flourishes a lot right now hah...my current one is the one handed shuffle with a waterfall flourish.
The Presitidigitationist
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
There are some scary cards in the gaff deck, and a few that open themselves up to some nice stories. Plus the usuals.
They do look nice, but I reserve them for spooky story effects, or strange goings on. It just doesn't make sense to me to do a poker demo with Tigers as most folk play with Blue/Reds, and the Tigers lend themselves so well to spooky effects. Currently with them I perform a Dr Jaks 4 blacks routine to a murder story; a ghost pips routine where the pips keep moving around; and an advanced version of The Web. But I have had people say that they are not normal/ordinary/real-world cards... especially when pips start moving around!
Note also on the gaff deck the pips on the box... killer ending to ambitious card!
They do warp and wear quicker than normal cards though, due to all the ink on them. It can get a bit expensive...
Paul
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Yeah I've noticed that with mine..the edges are already turning white..I don't do a whole lot with them anymore, I carry around my red backed bikes a lot now. In a few weeks I will have some new cards (yay) and the decks I have now I will use as dirty decks...But I still plan on ordering 3 cases of black tigers this summer..and a gaff deck...I love gaffs lol not like whole decks but one or two cards is good. I want to be able to hand my cards out after a trick, so people believe me when I say nothing strange is going on.
The Presitidigitationist
govtmule
View Profile
New user
chicago
4 Posts

Profile of govtmule
Black Tigers are great to work with and someone always mentions how cool they are.Well worth the investment.
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Hah, just this weekend I let a friend borrow one of my black decks, and I got to borrow his linking rings. He said he was performing in an Applebees lol. He was just sittin there flashing the cards, and people were stopping, and he started doing magic. You can't tell me that people stop when you're fanning your blue backed bikes Smile I get a lot better response when I'm flourishing with my black tigers. People stop and say, oooh, a magic deck. I say, nope, and hand it to em, then proceed to do a trick or two with it.
The Presitidigitationist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Black Tiger Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL