The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Larry Becker Stunner plus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

montserat_13
View Profile
New user
San diego
16 Posts

Profile of montserat_13
Hi all, I'm just wondering if Stunner's Plus is good. I mean I know Larry Becker is Amazing, but a book at that size is like a school textbook. Is it really helpful for close up ? or just a collection of tricks that can only be perform on STAGE..

Again, I'm not saying that larry becker is not good.. But since I only perform for only a few people ( mostly close up ), I just want to be sure that the $ I spent is worth it.

Thanks a lot guys..

Jon
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Well, Stunners is aimed more at Stage work, but there are some fabulous close up routines as well. trust me, its a great work in the field of mentalism. close to Annemann, Corinda and Water's stuff. I didn't say equal, I said close.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
You will not regret buying S.P.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2005-04-23 08:06, montserat_13 wrote:
Hi all, I'm just wondering if Stunner's Plus is good. I mean I know Larry Becker is Amazing, but a book at that size is like a school textbook. Is it really helpful for close up ? or just a collection of tricks that can only be perform on STAGE..

Again, I'm not saying that larry becker is not good.. But since I only perform for only a few people ( mostly close up ), I just want to be sure that the $ I spent is worth it.

Thanks a lot guys..

Jon

Quote:
On 2005-04-23 08:06, montserat_13 wrote:

Thanks a lot guys..

Jon

Jon; My immediate thought is that if you only perform for a few people at a time, then you might want to save your money for a bit.

The book is excellent, however my concern about it, I own it by the way, is that the book, at least the latter part of it is a reprint of his commercial effects. Now while this trip down memory lane is nice, I do question the inclusion of wallet effects that one has to buy before using.

You don't say how often you perform; for all I know you are working 30/30 days a month, in which case, spend the $$. If you perform infrequently, then there are other books that will serve you in good stead. Cassidy's book for example, Osterlund/Mavens material, or Lee Earles' M.I.N.D.,or Syzygy book/dvd might be a better investment.

It's only my opinon here so take it with a grain of salt.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Yah, large crowds are the target market
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Larry Becker Stunner plus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL