The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Cards as Weapons" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
While cleaning out my storage areas, I found one of my copies of "Cards as Weapons" Smile , My problem is I don't know what it is worth.

It is an original 77 hardback copy with the dust jacket, but the dust jacket has some tears around the edges, and the book has had light water damage(the water damage has to have been over 15 years old). But all in all, is in pretty decent shape, as it has been in storage for at least 15 years.

I know that no description will be sufficient for a realistic appraisal, so, if anyone knows of a way/place to get it appraised I would really appreciate the info. I am in Central North Carolina, if that helps.
Thanks
Steve Smile

Ps The funny thing is, I bought it at a yard sale for a quarter about 25 years ago, and it is the second copy that I own. I'll probably never find the first copy, I got the first copy at a yard sale for a dime Smile .

Steve TYSM
(The Yard Sale Monster)
JChristensen
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
71 Posts

Profile of JChristensen
Steve, I sold one (1977 paperback) on e-bay several months ago and received 143$ for it. My copy was in excellent condition but not mint.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Someone is selling his copy at the reade section for USD$243

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1770 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Steve,
You are sure lucky in your garage sales. I would advise you to sale this book as soon as you can as people are starting to realize this book is not as valuable as its sale price indicates.I would suggest listing it on E-bay with a reserve price.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I agree with Rennie. With the influx of DVDs, esp since theres ricky smith's DVD on card throwing, the book may eventually become worthless

In addition, we all know reprints of populat books are always possible so either way, it might cause the present value to drop.

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Thanks Guys
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, To ebay I will go..., as soon as I can scan a few pics of it. To get people a good idea of its condition.
Thanks again
Steve Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Cards as Weapons" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL