We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Beginner Baller (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Hey guys, I'm putting together a stage show and want to do a "classics of magic" section, considering doing a billiard balls routine, how long would it take an apt close up magician to learn all the sleights required for a good balls routine? And can anyone suggest a very strong routine to build up to? I'm not afraid of practice.
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
How long it takes to develop a manipulative routine really can not be answerd as it varies from one magician to the next. It is a matter of how willing you are to learn, practice and study the moves and then place them into an act or routine that makes the most sense, that flows well and is entertaining for the audience to watch.

You can not really put a time frame around how long this will take not should you. Placing a time frame around it only hinders you instead of helping you. Instead of worrying about how long it might take. just follow the steps in teaching yourself billiard balls and go from there. You will know when you are ready at your own pace.

I would start by getting some videos and books on billiard balls and practicing the various moves . These moves become the foundation to a greatroutine. Without mastering these moves, a routine or act will falter just like a hiuse built upon an unstable foundation would.

I reccommend McBrides 3 volume set on billiard balls, coins and thimbles. This is a great set to start with. I also have Geoffry Buckinham's old book "It's easier then you think". This is also a wonderful source on billiard ball manipulation.

Study the moves. rehearse them and tape them on camera. Be honest to yourself and watch to see what you are doing right and doing wrong. Do not start off trying to place these moves into a routine as that will hinder and not help. Your only goal is to practice the tools of yourcraft and get comfortable with them first before moving on to using these moves and putting them into sequences.

Hope this helps.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Beginner Baller (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL