The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Taxes, etc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill,

My attorney is also a magician.

My CPA came from the broadcast industry. He is also an attorney.

My doctor was a musician.

My wife was a ballerina / model before becoming a physician and then a magician.

Now we need to find a showbiz dentist!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
I know this thread is a little old but for online sales you still need a sales tax certificate correct. you have to charge sales tax weither you are a buisness or not, from what I remember.

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
www.subdividedstudios.com
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Quote:
On 2007-10-16 21:15, Sebashtion H. wrote:
I know this thread is a little old but for online sales you still need a sales tax certificate correct. you have to charge sales tax weither you are a buisness or not, from what I remember.

Sebashtion H.

Sebashtion, I am not a lawyer (thank God for that) nor a CPA, I also live in Ohio wher the law may be totally different from where you are. Having given my cop out disclaimer, Ohio law, as I understand it says that everything I sell that is shipped to an Ohio address must be sales taxed because it is considered an in state transaction. Anything that is shipped out of state is not liable for Ohio taxes but "may be liable for sales tax in the receiver's jusrisdiction." Which I take to mean that the state of Ohio could care less if I collect out of state taxes.

Hope this gives some insight, but to be sure that you don't but yourself in the ringer, check with your local and state tax agencies.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
The IRS page on "business versus hobby":

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=172833,00.html

Quote:
An activity is usually considered a business if it makes a profit during at least three of the last five tax years, including the current year.
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 11:35, Paddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-16 21:15, Sebashtion H. wrote:

Sebashtion H.

thanks that helps

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion, I am not a lawyer (thank God for that) nor a CPA, I also live in Ohio wher the law may be totally different from where you are. Having given my cop out disclaimer, Ohio law, as I understand it says that everything I sell that is shipped to an Ohio address must be sales taxed because it is considered an in state transaction. Anything that is shipped out of state is not liable for Ohio taxes but "may be liable for sales tax in the receiver's jusrisdiction." Which I take to mean that the state of Ohio could care less if I collect out of state taxes.

Hope this gives some insight, but to be sure that you don't but yourself in the ringer, check with your local and state tax agencies.

Peter
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
www.subdividedstudios.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Taxes, etc. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL