The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question About Marked Decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
I actually released my own marked deck on my DVD series, this has gone through many changes since 2004 and I will be releasing a new version that you make up yourself..

I think learning to mark your own has huge benefits as you can create any kind of deck you like, also depending on your vision you can make each mark as big or as subtle as you like, you can also mark a deck for well lit close up environments as well as a deck that works great for stage..

The Demon Deck IMO has the most versatility, there are many features built into the deck. Any mark deck can get you busted but it is about the handling, how you peek etc. If you all of a sudden look very interested in the back of a card, well so will your particpants..

I used the Demon Deck at the Magic Circle in London everytime I performed there for the public and didn't get caught once. The Lesley Deck is great for parlor or stage but a little bold close up. I suggest switching in a marked deck after another effect where the cards are in the paticpants hands, once they are happy you don't care about the cards neither will they..

Spelmann
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Almost two years late, but what the heck.
For some reason, I overlooked Marc's marking system the first time I watched his videos.
I recently gave them another look and discovered something quite amazing.
Marc's marking system is great for an older guy with failing vision.
I made a few minor changes to the suit setup, but this is really great stuff.
I feel certain that I have read part of this marking system before, but I can't remember where.
Anyway, if you are looking for a really good system, I recommend a look at Marc's The Initiated DVD.

Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Just for the record, the Demon Deck uses the Boris Wild markings.
Dick Christian
nikola paris
View Profile
New user
Paris
72 Posts

Profile of nikola paris
There is a very useful and practical marked deck from Magic Dream : The Ultimate Marked Deck... One of the best I saw !
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1575 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
If you can find them the "Dekram" decks are great. They are no longer made but were superb. By the way Dekram spelled backwards is marked if you did not figure that out.

Ron
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I like the Dekram deck as well but prefer the Ted Lesley. I don't like the Boris Wild because you have to look in 2 places.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
264 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Since as a profesional I didn't play to magician, I prefer to use UMD (universal marked deck) ...
Mr. Gray
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Mr. Gray
I've used UMD in several professional settings and it has gone very well. Easy to see, hard for specs to spot. Can be seen from a distance. I believe it to be similar to the Lesley system of marking.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question About Marked Decks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL