The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Once upon a time... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Ive been performing an effect by Guy Hollingworth at my local library on the days I volunteer it called Once upon a Time... The children really love it I was just wondering if any other performers were having as much fun with it as I am??
Astonishment as Therapy...?
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I just got it and haven't had the time to learn the routine...on first read it looks like it would take awhile...what is your experience with learning the routine?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I am in the same boat. It has a learning curve, which I need to se to understand how to do it.

There seems to be no DVD out there.
Dennis Michael
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
I recomend by taking it 1 story at a time.First 1 did The 3 bears.perfect and memorize that then I did Jack and the beanstalk them Cinderella Ive had the most fun with the 3 Bears thou.There is a whole lot to remember I definelty wasnt expecting it buy hey its a Hollingworth effect.The children really love it and I love perfroming it.The only thing I don't like about it is the opening shuffle phase I just do a bunch of false cuts instead.

Why would you need a DVD all the moves are basic sleights and the stories are the same as in the books.PM me if your having problems I will be happy to help.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
I just got this piece about a week and a half ago, and I've been working with the stories practically every day since then. This is one of those pieces where your fingers must memorize the moves first, and then you can concentrate on the performance, which is telling the story as interestingly as possible.

The only effect of a DVD would be that you would start telling the stories exactly like Guy does, inflection for inflection, and that's bad. I plan on putting my own little spin on the stories while staying within the framework.

For those of you that perform this, what are your favorite audiences to share it with? Kids? Adults? A mix?
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Carrie:

I say AMEN to you. You really said something of which I totally agree with and hope others seek to do as well. You stated "Inflection for inflection". It is wonderful that you are learning the moves and the slieghts involved and then taking a step back and away from the routine and not doing it as Guy does. It is great that you are allowing yourself to find your own style and presntation that matches you and your personal character. You will come up with a presentation that is unique to you and I think your audiences will appreciate you more becuase of it. Let us know how it goes for you.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Once upon a time... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL