The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Tarbell volume four. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
533 Posts

Profile of travisb
This obviously won't be news to anybody, but man, what a great book! (Contents at: http://members.tripod.com/magicref/bookssz/tarbell4.htm )

I got it cheap since it's used (and, unfortunately, smells a bit like cigarette smoke--gotta fix that). With that in mind, the "worth the price of the book" chapter for me would be the Thumb Tie chapter--lots of different methods, well illustrated and with good explanations. And there's so much more good stuff, it's just crazy. The variety and quality of info is outstanding. This book is a way, way better value than much of the stuff I've bought.

I know everybody already knows about Tarbell, but sometimes you don't really believe it until you see it. Now I have to get all the other volumes.

-Travis
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Hi Travis,
Tarbell four is a great book..All of them are great. You said everybody alread know about Tarbell. Unfortunetly more than you think have not heard of Tarbell. And it is a standard reference that should be in every magicians library. A very powerful learning tool. Keep reading it and you will be pleased. Get the rest when you can find them at a good price. Great books.
THOUGHTfully,
London
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
In another post I mentioned the awesome Linking rings routine in #4. Lots of material for a full ring act in that one chapter alone!

Jack Shalom
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Travis,

To get rid of the smoke smell, try this: Get a few of those dryer fabric softner sheets, like "Bounce." Get one with a scent you enjoy, like "Spring Fresh" and cut a couple of sheets into quarters. Then place the quarter-sheets into the book, separated equally. Leave them in there for about a week, and the smell will be gone.

ALL the Tarbell books are great and should be in the library of everyone who is serious about having a thorough base in magic.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
533 Posts

Profile of travisb
Thanks for the odor removal tip, Scott.

And yeah, the linking rings chapter is really good, too. It's hard to believe just how much good stuff you get for the price.

-Travis
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Re:
"The variety and quality of info is outstanding. This book is a way, way better value than much of the stuff I've bought. '

Well, its nice to see someone fnally listens about the old books....Smile
Now how many tricks do you get on the average DVD...

Paul.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3495 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Also I find that newspaper cut and placed in the book will remove the smell.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
Hello a qiuck note about Tarbell #4 .... The snooty snake trick ..is a darn good one and yhe name credit is..... Kolma /Tarbel....
Kolma was Mike Bornstein's name for his Chinaman character.
He just passed away a few months ago .....
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2005-04-25 20:49, weepinwil wrote:
Also I find that newspaper cut and placed in the book will remove the smell.

No offence

But wouldnt the book smell like newspapers after that? Smile

Yup Tarbel is a great series. Not only Vol 4. Its a huge library of resource.

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
533 Posts

Profile of travisb
Yeah, the snake trick caught my eye when I was browsing the book. That whole section is fascinating.

Seeing as how newspaper is cheaper (and, in my house, more readily available) than fabric softener, I'll try that first. If it doesn't work I'll bring in the big gun.

-Travis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Tarbell volume four. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL