The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Joseph Fox Handcuff Collection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lauher
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of lauher
I am pleased to announce a new addition to the Handcuffs.Org web site. It is an interview with Joseph Fox and a photographic tour of his collection.

Joe is a well known magician from Southern California, he is also a long time collector of restraints and jail locks.

Recently Joe loaned a major portion of his collection to the Los Angeles Police Historical Society for display in their Museum and Community Education Center. Joe has kindly sent us some pictures of his truly spectacular display.

Don't miss this one.

Joe
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Joe, thank you for putting this up. I spoke to Mark Cannon last week who recently saw Joe Fox's collection and he said it was the best displayed collection of the whole police musuem.

Joe has great pride in his excellent jail lock and restriant collection and it's good to see him get it out for the world to see.

I cannot wait to get there to see it in the flesh in Oct.

Ian
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
That is one heck of a collection! I'd love to see this example of one man's obsession. Just knowing that these photos represent only the tip of the ice burg of the collection boggles my mind! You know I bought a castle in Ireland once that cost less than this collection!!!!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Thanks Joe Laurer for showing us Joe's collection. You have a great resourse at your website. We heard about the collection but never had a chance to see it.

Whatever you do, don't click on the button that says don't click here...LOL

Great stuff!!!

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Great Pictures and article! Thanks Joe!
Best regards, Tony Parisi
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
I just took a close look at that cuff collection and ended up licking the screen of my monitor.

~Rick~
lauher
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of lauher
Rick

I think that explains why my computer just got wet.

Joe
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
LOL Joe !!!

~Rick~
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Wow- I'm painfully jealous of that collection!

-Matt (TK)
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
I am new to this forum and am happy to make my first post in this thread. I feel at home here with my friends Joe Lauher, Joe Fox and Ian McCall, and Kevin Ridgeway.
The Fox Collection is among the finest Handcuff collections in the world. The display at the Los Angeles Police Museum is fantastic and I am looking forward to seeing it in person. I have a small collection of cuffs on display at The San Diego Sheriff Museum but it does not compare to Joes. Joe also has one heck of a jail lock and key collection that compliments his restraint collection.
If you live in L.A. or plan to visit, a stop over at this museum would absolutely be in order. In fact, I would check this out before I would even consider going to Manns Chinese Theatre to see those old footprints.
mark
Mark Lyons O--O

Collector of Handcuffs from around the World

Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

Leslie Nielsen Lt. Frank Drebin, "Police Squad"
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Mark,

Welcome! Glad you are here.

Clyde
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Hey Mark, great to have you with us. I hope you'll be around from time to time.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
Hi. Thanks for the warm welcome! I believe that I will hang with you guys for a while.
This is a great site and hope to learn a thing or two. Conversely, maybe you can benefit from having another locksmith in the house.
Thanks again, mark
Mark Lyons O--O

Collector of Handcuffs from around the World

Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

Leslie Nielsen Lt. Frank Drebin, "Police Squad"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Joseph Fox Handcuff Collection (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL