The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gregory Wilson - In Action! 3 DVD set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Sorry, with over 100 posts it's hard to keep them all strait.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Where can you find out where Greg will be lecturing?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
CFrancis-

In my last communication with Greg, he said it would be a very small lecture tour and he didn't give details of all the locations. His lectures are highly interactive and lots of fun for everybody.

Greg will be here in San Diego on June 7th. (If you happen to live in the Southwest United States and want some information I can give you all the details). I'm looking forward to the lecture, and like others, I'm waiting to buy the dvds from Greg in person.

Matt
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Cfrancis, what state do you live in? I'm not sure of what places he will be visiting when, but I do know that he will be in Grand Rapids MI on June 22nd. Don't know if that helps you at all though
Dann
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Mr. Wilson is very talented. I have his previous DVD's and use material from them. I bought these new DVD's from my local shop and while his performances are wonderful, I didn't think there was anything new that made it worth the purchase.

They are beautifuly filmed and if you don't have his previous offerings, are well worth the money.
~Joe
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
If Greg was the Chef Special...

I think I will be buying soon.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Volume 3 has now been reviewed! Check it out!
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2005-05-18 20:56, ALICE wrote:
Thank-you for the kind words about our store, Madhatter Magic. I do resent manufacturers that wholesale to stores then actively compete against them. I do not think you can have it both ways. I sell the DVD'S as low as I possibly can. I appreciate you guys that support the "Brick and Mortar Store". THANKS!

Do you ship to Canada?

I have every DVD Greg released and thought this set equally matched his previous releases. Vol. 2 wasn't so hot but watching one of the best performers today work on the streets to just anyone is worth the price of admission. I don't regret purchasing this set at all. I would rather have performances without explainations then no bonus performances at all.
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Does anyone know if the "pitch and ditch" is the same one taught as on the spot. As far as I know, with the one on On the Spot, it is to make a coin disappear, with this one it sounds like a coin is tossed into the air and it changes to another coin? Interesting.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while. Thanks to those who responded to my lecture question. I live in Florida. Anyone know if he'll come somewhere down in the South East?

Anyway, I just received this set as a gift. I've watched the first dvd and it's terrific. But I only own a couple of other dvds from him so a lot of the material was new to me. Even the stuff I had seen before I thought had new and fun handlings. I really like the quarter in watch. Nice, improved variation on Quicksilver.

Can't wait to watch the other two dvds.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
So any word on the pitch and ditch? (see 2 posts above)
Dann
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Most of the material on these dvds that has appeared on his previous videos has been updated or improved. Pitch and Ditch is one such effect, and the improvement is pretty good.

Brian
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Very interesting. I can't wait until I get this set on June 22nd!
Dann
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
These have fallen flat. He's just doing the same old hat. If you have his other offerings, you don't need these!! The only thing that would have been worth the price of admission would have been his handling, with new refinements of Ortiz's Jumping Gemini. Well, Rishie Sanders on his Super Cards DVD blows this out of the water.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Man! Chris, do you ever have anything positive to say? This set has gotten very good reviews and has very usable material from what I've heard. To say that Greg is doing the "same old hat" is kind of a funny statement since this is "his latest and greatest" it is expected to be stuff from other tapes. To imply that it is not good material is just silly since it's almost all previously released material that has been improved and has already been among magician's favorite stuff.
Dann
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Yeah, this set is a greatest hits/new stuff. They even say on the box it's his "latest and greatest". That means new and old.

The dvds are very good. I actually like vol. 1 and 2 better than 3 but I still think there is plenty of usable stuff on all of them. A lot of his old routines have been improved. I've heard a lot of magicians say that if you find one or two effects in a dvd or book, it makes the thing worth it. Well, I've found plenty of effects on these to use and, as always, watching Greg work is an education in and of itself.

I think this set is well worth the money.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I have not seen the new tapes, but to talk about Pitch and Ditch...

Pitch and Ditch is taught on Off the Cuff as the mid-air coin change. In On the Spot it is only taught as the vanish. It sounds like the version on In Action will be pretty much the same as Off the Cuff, but Greg may have added a few new pointers. Hope this was helpful.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Hey Kevin,
Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it. I just can't think of how this move could be used as a mid-air change, but I supose I'll have to wait until I get the set in a few weeks. Thanks again.
Dann
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Dann-

In Action does in fact use Pitch and Ditch as a mid-air transposition. Very nice and simple effect. The basic move is also covered in more detail than it was in On the Spot. I do not own Off the Cuff, so I can't comment on it.

If you haven't already purchased the set, you can buy it new from http://www.madhattermagicshop.com for $75.00 plus actual US postgage. Very nice shop - I cant say enough nice things about the folks that run it.

Cheers,

Tiki
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Quote:
On 2005-06-05 18:25, cfrancis wrote:
Yeah, this set is a greatest hits/new stuff. They even say on the box it's his "latest and greatest". That means new and old.

I've never interpreted the phrase "latest and greatest" literally as new and old. It is a common phrase which typically means the newest and supposedly best in a succession.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gregory Wilson - In Action! 3 DVD set (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL