The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Black Cardboard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Does anyone have any ideas where I might find black cardboard/Construction Paper or at least black cardstock.

I've already checked at Kinkos, Staples, Office Depot and Office Max. (I live in Los Angeles)

I have some black envelopes that I ordered form Bob Kohler. However, I'm seeking heavier paper to construct envelopes similar to those used in Max Maven's 'Zenvelopes'.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Check an art supply store.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Kevvy,
In LA and Vegas there's a company called Kelly Paper. In LA it's on Olympic Ave.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Thanks Bob, I will definitely check that place. BTW, I enjoyed your Black Envelope DVD.
adzimme
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of adzimme
Also look in areas that sell stamp collecting supplies. Black construction paper is used to mount first day covers. Also look in the scrapbooking section of craft stores, they sell every color you can think of and will have different sizes as well as weights.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Yet another source: Teachers supply stores carry black construction paper as well...

Lyndel
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
You might want to see about looking in Teacher's supply store for science boards. They come in differnt colors and they have black, too.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Walmart ... with the pens and pencils and crayons and notebooks. Big sheets of construction paper there, for black cardboard I suggest painting it.

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Why not try spray painting regular cardboard black...I have done it with envelopes.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Go to any picture framing shop and ask for a roll of black backing paper. They use it to seal up a picture once it has been framed. It's cheap and plentiful. Also highly durable (as paper stocks go) and creases well when folded, unlike most pulp-based construction papers.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
Black mat board from art supply stores has lamp black mixed with the paperpulp so the cut edge is the same color as the front and back ,if that is a consideration for your purpose.
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Black Cardboard (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL