The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Expanded Die Illusion Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
At the request of a number of my fans (well, two is a number, isn't it?) I have decided to release my PVC pipe variation of DeKolta's Expanding Die Illusion which has been changed enough for me to rename it Die-A-Bolical to distinguish (or is that extinguish?) it from the original. The plans can be found in my new book "PVC Pipe and Dollar Store Illusions for the REALLY, REALLY Cheap Illusionist!" You can see DeKolta's original at the Learned Pig Project's site.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Jim
I am unclear if your Girl from Die and your Expanding Die are one trick or two seprate tricks.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2490 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Was that a joke? or do you really have a book out? If so I'd love to buy it. If not..Oh well.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On 2005-05-02 12:40, illusionman2 wrote:
Jim
I am unclear if your Girl from Die and your Expanding Die are one trick or two seprate tricks.

Die-A-Bolical was originally conceived as a woman (I don't use girls) appearing from a 2 foot square Die that is shown thoroughly empty.

The Expanding Die variation was added later, after I realized I could begin the Illusion with DeKolta's idea of a 10 inch cube Die expanding to a 2 foot square die, which then (after the usual silk production) results in the appearance of a woman. The problem with DeKolta's Illusion (and the reason you don't find them for sale at your neighborhood Magic joint) is that it is so darn (can I say that here?) complicated. My version makes it possible for anyone to make... well, not just anyone... you have to really want to make one because it is a lot of work. However, the original Illusion called Die-A-Bolical can be made in one night.

So to answer your question if they are two separate tricks or one trick... yes!

The book is available from http://www.magicnook.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I just asked Jim to include his Die-A-Bolical Illusion. I wasn't expecting him to throw in the Expanding Die Variation. I have seen him do both versions and they are both received very well by audiences, but I'm biased because that was when I used to work as his assistant, hauling his junk on and off stage and applause he got, I accepted for me as well.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Expanded Die Illusion Plans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL