The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Do you practice this??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
So you have both a new dvd/vcd of magic tricks do you watch the trick again and again, then try to decipher how it was done? After success or frustation you then move on to learn the trick, how it was really done. What are your insights about this?
Gonzalo_nvdp
View Profile
New user
Spain (Madrid)
24 Posts

Profile of Gonzalo_nvdp
I prefer to see once or twice, from time to time taking notes of my thoughts as I see it, but not see it five times, stopping it, looking if it was in this moment when it makes the move etc because now I am more interested in how it is perceibed by spectator
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Nice idea gonzalo!!! very good one... Smile I might do it as well Smile
while what I am trying to do is to improve my analysis of such or a problem...
after much thinking I then compare my solution to the real solution for the trick.
So in that process I might be able to practice my analysis so someday I might be able to make my own effects hehehe...
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I usually watch the trick a couple of times. More to see if it's practical for me than anything else. If I can't use it I don't bother to learn the workings.
I also prefer to learn the given method before looking for any changes I might make on the assumption that the teacher has gone through several stages and the result has been tested and refined.
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Another good point, Eddie. I might do it as well to see if it's practical for me Smile Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Do you practice this??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL