The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Favortie Viking or Collector Workshop item. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
My personal favourite are Perfect Time, Jumbo Sidekick, Fire Wallet. basically I always satiesfied with all Viking or CW items.
b-gann
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of b-gann
The only thing I have got from them is can of corn, I like it just have not lokked at their other items
Dr. Faust
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, Kentucky
183 Posts

Profile of Dr. Faust
Of the Viking tricks which I own, I must say that the Val Evans Stop Trick is my favorite. It's made well, it's really easy to perform, and it's as impressive as any I've seen. Although there may be something as good that I've seen, I doubt there's anything better.

Dr. Faust
"I have such sights to show you!"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-05-02 12:14, Chance Wolf wrote:
George's "Viking-Himber 3-Box Nest of Boxes" are the FINEST nested box effects built. The method as well as craftsmanship are superior...in my humble opinion Smile
http://www.vikingmagiccompany.com/?nd=full&key=283
Chance
Wolf's Magic

I have one of the first ones of those he ever built. He showed it at the TAOM one year. I told him I would like a set. About a year later, this package ended up on my doorstep.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Kineti-Key, Jr.
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
Just received Perfect Time 3. I'm glad I waited for the original and didn't settle for one of the copies. A bit pricey, but works "Perfect"!!
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Kyber Kobra, Midas Cups & Perfect Time
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Anybody have the Tang Dynasty Tea chest ? Looks like a great routine.... How about the pheonix watch ?
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
I bought the Tang Dynasty Chest back in the late 1980's and it's a beauty. There was a little more craftsmanship involved compared to the current one.

There were some great stuff made by the early CW..the original electronic Bulletproof, the mechanical Khartoum Ring Fantasy with the furniture grade walnut base (rather than the brass one on the current electronic one), and the original mechanical Silver Odyssey.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
George G

The Tang Dynasty Chest is a fairly "simple" prop. I have owned both the original (Rich/Nick) version as well as the Viking/CW version. What exactly are you referencing when you state there was more craftmanship involved in the original???
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
4 words: Jumbo Card on Seat!
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Julie
The method hasn't changed but the woodworking on the original seemed more involved. Take the lids for example. The current one appears to be a solid square piece of wood, while the original is a matched two piece construction that looks like a short cover with walls, if you know what I mean. The wood used in my original T'ang Chest is an expensive gorgeously grained reddish Bubinga wood. I don't have a current model to point out any other differences.

Some of early CW pieces usually turned out to be expensive to make and were either discontinued or "simplified". Take for example the Marakesh Mystery. A lot of work on this item and eventually discontinued. Glad I grabbed one at the time.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
George G

For the record: Perhaps you have an odd production run that is "different". However, each unit I have is virtually identical--the only difference being the black felt in the the original is stiffer...?
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
How about the Pheonix watch ? I have always wanted one .
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The main difference I have found between the older CW pieces and the newer ones is that the newer ones are more reliable. George stopped production on any pieces that were consistently being returned to him, and redesigned the items so they were easier to maintain and used stronger parts.

One example is the Tray of Doom. I had one of the early ones. I never had any trouble with it, but the stem part of the goblet was made of wood. It was basically a cut down candle holder. I had to make some replacements so I wouldn't have to worry about damage in the places I was working. Now George makes this part in aluminum to match the top of the goblet.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Herrick, Jeff
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Herrick, Jeff
Perfect time, jumbo sidekick
I'm not looking to be a big star in magic
and that's working out REALLY good so far.
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Explosive Card Rise, Tang D'nasty chest and Samurai
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
NOVA cARD RISE
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
E-man

Are you really sure about the NOVA cARD RISE??

Just checking...

Sly
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
One question for the NOVA card rise...
Do you think you can really let ur audience SHUFFLE then put it inside the cup?

And I am confused that why there are TWO cups on the tray in the photo.
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Favortie Viking or Collector Workshop item. (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL