The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dai Vernon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Hi all, I already own the Dai Vernon book of magic and I love the book it is one of the best books I own on magic and what I wanted to know is are there any more books out there by Dai vernon and also can someone please htell me were I can find out more about this incredible magician. Thanks
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Thanks for the link mate
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
No problem,
there are tons of DVD's heres a link

http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.......m=d.html

but you should be able to get them in UK, however , given that exchange rate is nearly £2 dollar to £ may be cheaper to buy from States ..I've bought several books from over the pond lately

Howard
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Thanks mate you have been most helpful
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Again , my pleasure.

Sad LUFC supporter
Howard
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
There are a good number of Dai Vernon DVD's out there too, to be able to actually see this incredible magician do his thing is worth the price, let alone him explaining his method. I have the Dai Vernon Revelations series, while not as clean as a lot of teaching series, it is so full of Dai doing what Dai did best, with Michael Ammar and others to help out with the technical explaination. I had the privilege of sitting in front of Dai doing my best moves only to have him slap my hands, and growl at me that my move wasn't natural, or there was no good reason for me to be making a movement like that. Is fun on the dvd series to watch Dai do the same to top magicians like Michael Ammar, made me feel a whole lot better about my flubs before him. He was a man who truly mastered his craft, and investment in some of his DVD's , I believe you will find very worth while. The series I'm talking about is put out by L&L publishing and is available from a lot of dealers.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Get the "Stars of Magic" book. A few classic routines in there from Dai. Besides his trilogy series on cards, there are also some smaller panphlets put out like "Cups and Balls", "Select Secrets", etc.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Tabasco
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
219 Posts

Profile of Tabasco
So how is the trilogy?
the biggest card trick exchange center,
we have over 1600 tricks in our indexes.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2005-05-04 05:51, Tabasco wrote:
So how is the trilogy?
L&L Publishing combined 3 separate volumes..."Inner Secrets Of Card Magic", "More Inner Secrets Of Card Magic" & "Further Inner Secrets Of Card Magic", which were released starting in the late '50s. These volumes were less than 100 pgs. in length and contained a treasure trove of the Professor's most intimate secrets and methods. I originally learned "Twisting The Aces" from the 2nd volume in the late '60s. The trilogy just makes it easier to own all 3 books as they are hard to find as separate originals. Kudos to L&L for combining the three! There is a wealth of knowledge in these books and I recommend it to anyone who plays with the pasteboards. Smile

<<<KRaZy4Kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dai Vernon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL