The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lee Earls Manifestations. usefulness? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
Has anybody used Lee Earls Manifestations and if so how useful was it?

Also, how does it compare to Docc Hilfords 1000 Seance?

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Manifestations is the full details, including stuff that was discarded as unworkable, for a fixed-location seance room that was gaffed to the nines but which looked really clean. There is an incredible wealth of detail here. This plays like a Victorian seance with a lot of stuff happening. This is a really fantastic resource.

Docc Hilford's $1000 Secret Seance is designed to be carried in the performer's pockets or a small box and be moved from one location to another with no advance preparation of the room. He has some good suggestions on marketing. Seach this forum and you will find mixed reviews of Docc Hilford's book. I personally liked it, but it has an entirely different intent from Manifestations. The seance in this book does not approach what happened in Manifestations; it is more like a psychic party with a weird (or in Docc's case, "Weerd") atmosphere.

Yours,

Paul
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
Thank you so much Paul, your post has been very helpful and is appreciated.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I am about to purchase the current version of Manifestations/CD's and book...can anyone assure me that it will include Mr. Earle's "The Musing Box" story and or presentation?

Thanks so much in advance...
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Manifestations is a four-walled theatrical seance for entertainment purposes, described in great detail using nicely-produced audio and a carefully edited companion book.

Docc's is a poorly-produced booklet that sketches out ideas for how to upsell people that you meet into booking you for private reading parties at their homes. Some of what it describes is said to be illegal in certain states.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I'm not really looking to run a Seance...just looking for details on the museing box. So anyone...is it in this book/audio collection???
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
I seem to recall that the workings of the Box are indeed described in Manifestations.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Yes, it is in Manifestations.Its a great piece of thinking by Lee. Keep in mind thou, you must be a good story teller to pull it off. Its 99% presentation. I,ve changed it a little, I use a womens jewlery music box that is obviously damaged. As I tell the story of my first love and a car accident. I open the box and it plays a beautiful tune as I'm telling the story. I close the box and hand it to the spectator, who opens it. Instead of finding it empty, there is a musical movement in it smashed to pieces, the roll is off the axil and most of the little bars are snapped off so it cannot possibly work. It usually takes them a few seconds to respond, but then it comes "how did this just play" I just look at them puzzled, and tell them "it doesn't" and it goes from there! I always tell them that I didn't hear a thing, its broken.
Anyway, its an option for the story that makes it easier for me to pull off. Hope this helps, if you find your own story its usually more comfortable to tell, which makes the presentation easier to pull off.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lee Earls Manifestations. usefulness? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL