The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Magic You Missed..what if you could go back in time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1018 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
We all have experienced the feeling of some great magic or publication that we missed buying for whatever reasons at a time when it was readily available. So, what if you were given a second chance to go back and buy whatever magic from that long forgotten past, what would you get to bring back to your current collection?
I am curious to hear from others; I know I have had those thoughts.

My trip would have me bringing back all the stuff I could get from:

1-Eddy Taytelbaum
2-early Alan Warner
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Actually only one item comes to mind. I would love to have another complete set of my first ever magic set. It was a Mark Wilson magic set, which Mark and Nani put together in their Dallas apartment and sold at Tiches dept. store in Dallas. I literally wore everything in that first set out. It was the only magic apparatus I had for years. Nothing remains from it. Mark told me that he thought he still had some of those in the warehouse when I was visiting with him a couple of weeks ago in Little Rock, and I told him that if he ever decided to sell any of them, that I definitely wanted one. I would imagine I will pay a lot more for it than my folks did when they bought me that first one back in the late 1950's, but to again have one would mean so much to me.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
The eternal prayer is summed up as:

"Backward, backward, oh time in thy flight,
make me a child again...just for tonight."

Granted this wish, this time around I'd keep a trick I once traded or sold. It was, I think, an old Abbott effect. Anyway, it was a board that the performer held and that was covered with a cloth. Under cover, a ball would mysteriously transport itself from one glass to another. It probably didn't make that great an impact on an audience but it was one of those tricks in which the method was more amazing than the effect. Rube Goldberg had nothing on this mechanism, but still it was interesting and I would love to have it back.
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

Home Page: http://www.ERHutchison.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I have always dreamed of this concept and would love to go back in time and buy each Milson Worth item and keep it in Ultra Mint Condition...plus the prices would have been dirt cheap Smile
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2013 Posts

Profile of Rennie
If I could go back in time I would purchase the Harbin book when it first came out, went for $60.00 - $70.00 range.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Mike McErlain
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto & Green Cove Springs, FL
130 Posts

Profile of Mike McErlain
I would purchase several of the more eloborate Thayer pieces. The Temple of Quong Hi, for example.
The Milson Worth pieces would also attract my eye as well. Anything made by Okito!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3372 Posts

Profile of Julie
I would like to have had the wisdom to purchase each of the Albo Books and updates (maybe TWO of each!).

Julie Smile
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Instead of magic, I would borrow about $100K, go back to the mid-to-late 60s and buy all the Boss 302s, Boss 429s, and Shelby GT500s I could get my hands on. Maybe throw in a GTO Judge or two.

I would then come back, sell all but one Shelby, and buy all the magic I wanted, even at today's prices...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Magic You Missed..what if you could go back in time (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL