The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Christmas Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
Does anyone out there know of any good Holiday theme illusions that are appropriate for both young and old audiences? Starting to put together a holiday show, and want to really bring in the Magic of Xmas?
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
A square circle, with the Square as the fireplace and the tube as the chimney…
It can be done small enough for an intimate parlor-type show or large enough for a stage production of a person (Santa?).

:rudolph:
(Okay, or Rudolph!)
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
I would have to say that a type of snowstorm is GREAT!
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Paul Osborne has several designs for Santa productions in his Big Black Book (the collection of Genii plans), as well as in his Illusion Systems books. I built the magic chimney that was originally a Genii plan. It goes over great!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Then there is the Mismade Santa Silks, and a Mismade (sort of) Christmas Tree Silks which uses d’lites.

Fraidy cat rabbit going down Santa's chimney, and getting dirty routine...
Dennis Michael
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
We have done a small simple illusion during Xmas shows.

I simply make my assistant appear on stage with me (no bases or boxes or traps, just a cloth). She’s wearing a Christmassy costume and has a small basket which contains a small gift to everyone. (so don’t do this if you have a 300 person audience!)

It leaves a lasting impression. We do this as an extra, so there’s more value to our client. It has been a good way to get rebooked Smile
Sent from my Typewriter
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
There is a Stocking change bag available on the market. Smile
J.S.llusionDesigns
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of J.S.llusionDesigns
There is one trick I saw on a web site. It is where a Xmas tree is in a frame type box with a base about 1 cm. A curtain is lowered from the top of the box. Then it is lifted and the tree is gone. By the way it is a FAKE tree, which you should know why. But it also does not sprinkle pine needles every where. Smile

I found the web site it is http://www.magicmakersillusions.com/ and it is a appearance not a vanish. My bad.
Joe Smith Illusion Designs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Christmas Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL