The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best in Metal? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Hi guys,
Wanna give my magician friend a DVD of metal bending for his birthday.
Can I ask any benders in here to help me out?
Should I get 'Psychokenetic Silverware, Gerry & Banacheck' or is there a better with Banacheck on his own?
Many thanks,

Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Bobser,
Just ordered my copy. I have it on good authority it is the one to get.
Got it from World of magic.co.uk was cheapest I could find £16.99
cheers
Howard
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of jimtron
As you may know, Osterlind has some nice spoon bends on one of the Mind Mysteries DVDs.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Definetely go with Banachek's PK Silverware on this one.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
865 Posts

Profile of espmagic
What about "Liquid Metal"?
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-05-03 17:55, bobser wrote:

Should I get 'Psychokenetic Silverware, Gerry & Banacheck' or is there a better with Banacheck on his own?
Many thanks,

Bobser.

I forgot to point out, the PK Silverware is just Banachek on his own (performing and material wise). Gerry is just there for the ride (I.E. Interviews and Spectator)
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
I own all three mentioned dvd (Osterlind, Banachek and 'liquid Metal' by Morgan Strebler). They all are very good. I often use Osterlinds bend on spoons and Banacheks fork routine.
But now I also use some of MOrgans very good tips on bending forks.

So you see its hard to recommend one. But if you just want to give your friend one dvd about bending metal I would go for Banachek.

Reason: Osterlinds DVD is not only about bending metal and Morgans DVD is an amazing routine, but if someone wants to start Banacheks DVD has lots of basics, good handling tips and routines in it as well as some very fine subtleties.

Hpe this helps

Thomas

P.S.: Just to complete the list of bending dvd a bit more I want to mention that there is also Guy Bavlis 3-Volume series on bending metal and as well Chad Sanborns good bending technique on his DVD 'Mind bender'.
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
fudge
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of fudge
Although the material on the banacahek & gerry one is fantastic, the way in which it was shot I felt was dissapointing, it was very dark and someimes it hindered what you can actually see
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Quote:
On 2005-05-04 03:53, fudge wrote:
Although the material on the banacahek & gerry one is fantastic, the way in which it was shot I felt was dissapointing, it was very dark and someimes it hindered what you can actually see

A tarnished silver platter?
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
If you're just starting out I highly recommend Banachek video because he goes over not just the technicalities, but the psychological principles behind the work. It's a great basis for which you can add onto later.

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Hi guys,
Thanks for the help and advice.

But can someone confirm...
Are: 'Psychokenetic Silverware, Gerry & Banacheck' and 'PK Silverware' two seperate dvd/videos? Or are they both the SAME dvd/video but sometimes get given different names by people?
Many thanks,

Bobser.
]
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
They are just the same but sometimes named different by people.
PK stands for Psychokinetic.

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Obser..

PK ......PsychoKinetic same difference...PK Touches..PK Subtleties

Mine should be here in a few days ..if you want I'll PM you and let you know how I, as a newcomer find it.

cheers
Howard
ScottJ
View Profile
Regular user
Hertfordshire, England.
143 Posts

Profile of ScottJ
Same DVD. PK is short for Psychokinetic.
Daffyd
View Profile
New user
Llandewi Breffi
87 Posts

Profile of Daffyd
Quote:
On 2005-05-05 10:43, fudge wrote:
How many people does it take to say what PK means

The 3 posts which say what PK means were made within a few minutes of each other, so I'm guessing they were typed and posted at the same time. What a coincidence.....
"The layman is such an idiot." salsa_dancer
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Just played the PK Silverware a couple of times.

I would highly recommend it..very good routine(s) and ecellent psychological reasoning for the moves.

Fudge..
yes on my PC it is very dark indeed even with the brightness up and basically looks Black all over. However when played on my DVD plater it takes on a whole new look..very clear you can see the two clearly aainst the background. Loads better.

Yes Bobser go and get it..

Now...... where did you say I get some cheapo forks?

Howard
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Thanks everybody for helping out.
Oh and well done 'hkwiles'.

Bobser
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11963 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Forks at Walmart $6 for a hundred. But, check them out first. Dominion ones (Morgan refers to) are good and there is one other brand. However, I purchased a batch that looked similiar at Walmart and had to return them. They were tough as nails.

I'll piggyback on what was said about Liquid Metal. It wouldnt be a good first one cause Morgan spins off Banacheck (with credit given). That being said, Morgan definitely has a very different routine and I am very happy I purchased this one.

Jaysin (from Penguin) is on it and he never interupts or trys to steal the show.
Step by step instruction is given and from different angles. If there is anything negative, its just it takes too long to access the different sections cause of all the metal melting::)
Plasmah
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Plasmah
For those that are having problems with Banachek's PK Silverware dvd being too dark on thier computer try this:

Right click on your desktop and go to PROPERTIES/SETTINGS/ADVANCED once there look for something called VIDEO OVERLAY SETTINGS. You can adjust the brightness and contrast of your video playback and it only effects your vid playback nothing else.

I hope that helps...

P.S.: This only applies to PC compatible computers not Mac.

Later...

Jim E.
davybabybrazil
View Profile
Regular user
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
170 Posts

Profile of davybabybrazil
There are 2 excellent bends on the Osterlind DVDs and I found some useful ideas on Liquid Metal and the Bavli tapes, but the Banachek DVD is mandatory if you are interested in bending silverwear- however it is not the best I have seen- Patrick Kuff's video has more bends and demonstrations and advice. he demonstrates many bends from Ben Harris' book on Gellerism. I would say buy both the Banachek and Kuff video but if you want only one get the Kuff one.
It is hard to believe a man is telling you the truth if you know that if you were in his situation you would be lying.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best in Metal? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL