The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cheese... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
A cheese company want me to do a series of shows for the schools to promote their cheese... I need ideas from you guys...

Such as pulling words out of the cheese saying protein, calcium and etc... or trick that can produce bones, teeth or etc...

What kind or props and presentation? Need your advise, guys...
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
This is a marketing job rather than an education job

If you were a marketing man paid to sell cheese to parents you would talk about health but since your selling to KIDS you need to show them that the product is FUN and desirable.

My suggestion would be some loosely themed cheese routines (mice etc.) that end in you giving away free samples to the kids who help. All the other kids will want to be just like the kids who got to help the magician.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You still can't abandon any mention of the healthy aspects - cheese is not only delicious, but builds strong bones (bring out a big plastic bone) and strong teeth (sponge tooth) - maybe use the bone as a wand and produce or vanish the tooth.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I recommend Chance Wolf's "Blow Yur Stack". It is a big slice of cheese with lots of comedy possibilities in it.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I like Lou and ross'esdeas
if you have a trick that involvs you haveing a kid help you maybe you can get one of those big chesse hats and put it on hime so now he is a chesses magician.Then you can play a joke on the kid by bring out a fake saw and protind your cutting the chesses!!! LOL
Kyle
okito25
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria BC Canada
145 Posts

Profile of okito25
Does this comapny have string cheese?, also Kids love it when the princaple Or another respected teacher, or figure of authority is used, respectfully you could refer to them as the BIG Cheese , and Cheese is worldly so you can promote Good geography study as well as the healthy benefits of Cheese , or fromage as they say in french , also there is an oldy but goody called fresh fish , it is a paper tear , you could adapt that a cheese routine ,ie have a list of junk food on the sheet .. as you tear off all the "bad " snack ideas , have the final message read , "Got Cheese ? ", professers nightmare with a cheese theme ,ie orange ropes ,, and different ages of cheese, mild medium and strong , each with thier own characteristics , Yet the goodness balances everything out , or using the ropes in a String cheese scenario, similar to the spaghetti patter, I see a whole mess of curds (ideas) in a pot just waiting to be turned into a final product , good luck with this show ooooooo. a sliding die box could become a cheese cupboard, funny how one never knows what venue may or may not want magic to promote thier product , Cheese? who woulda thought !
Rambling
Keet Smile
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
Thank you Okito, that's was a wonderful ideas...

Guys, don't just stop here, I still needs a number of ideas to have a rountine....
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Perhaps a far better idea then asking other magicians would be to ask the client what the goal of the show is.
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
IM with Nick see what they sale then you can tell what would go good or not. because you don't want to do somthing with string chesse and they don't even sale that.
Kyle
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Try to get a Green Bay Packers Cheese Styrofoam hat to put on an audience member!!! You could even make one! Looks like a big wedge of swiss cheese as a hat!
Blow your Stack is great! Also, Axtell's Pizza trick? After all, pizza is generally covered by ...CHEESE!
Is there a way to make a giant String Cheese Wand? This would be really fun...maybe even put their logo on it...speaking of which, do they offer give-aways for kids after the show?
Or...you could get a production box, paint it to look like a Hunk o' Cheese and pull things like "strong bones", "strong teeth" out of it...perhaps made out of foam and giant sized to really throw them....
By the way, what do the schools want? How much "cheese" are they willing to tolerate? You want to be careful not to "over milk" the cow on this one...kids might also get really tired of the whole "cheese" thing after a while, you might too!
Of course, there's always the Monty Python Cheese Shoppe routine...killer!
Chris
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
Hi Chris,

One of the routine now I have is have a huge foam cheese put into a rabbit wringer and comes out the words like protein, calcium etc... And trying hard to think of a prop to change the word to foam stuff - calcium change to foam teeth, protein might just get a kid to do a karate balloon to show strong.

Where can I get theh cheese hat? and what's the Monty Python Routine? where can I get those?
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Sorry to bring this up again guys but...

Kids don't care about Cheese being healthy.
The cheese company won't care the kids thinking about cheese being healthy.

In fact, the ONLY reason to mention the health benefits is so you can slip in a promotional show under the guise of an educational show.

Do the schools have to PAY for the show? If not, then make it just like any other advertisment aimed at kids....Make the product fun!!!

Blow Yer Stack is a great one to do.
Draw a talking block of cheese (or the companies mascot if they have on) on the axtell board.
David Regal has a mouse which leaps out of box on a spring in constant fooling.
Paint a die box die as a block of cheese
Milk to die but again have the die painted as a block of cheese. (perhaps with a do not remove plot)
Judy The Mouse's Tail of The Ring
Five minutes with a pocket hankerchief.
Get some sponge cheese and do sponge balls
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
Hi Johnson,

the school does not need to pay as the show was going through a advertising firm and already paid by the product company. You are right that they want Fun rather than telling them how good the cheese is.

But as usual those advertising people and the company wants the show to deliver more details about their product. meaning I couldn't just do tricks with cheese on it but more on each trick telling the kids about something. that's the hard part that is cracking my head...

the axrell drawing board was a good idea... I'm using a puppet to deliver some msg too, do you think that having a drawing board to do another ventril will be too much?
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Look under Greenbay Packers Merchandise f0r the cheese hat.
Nicholas is right about the not-caring thing to a certain extent...I'm just trying to brainstorm...
The monty pythong "Cheese Shop" is very famous and easy to find. You can get it on CD and hear it (it's just as funny). It's about a cheese shop that's out of everything, and gets funnier every time the straight guy asks for a different chees, John Cleese has an even funnier answer for him. Check out used CD music stores, or you could find it new, maybe even through Best Buy.
BTW: Blow Yer Stack is out of stock right now, unless you already have one to use. It would be ideal. You may want to call them and ask when you can get one.
I would make the show as hysterical as possible...my idea mainly would be thus. Make a giant Cheese Doodle out of foam, a puppet. Use real cheese doodle, or colored foam peanuts, and you could easily do something hysterical about a monster cheese doodle that is looking for you. It sounds crazy and wacked out, and that's what the kiddies love!!!
The axtell idea is wonderful, better have a cute script with good punches.
I would even go as far as wearing a cape and turning into "Super Chunk", or a super cheese guy with cheese hat at the end, and turn the giant cheese doodle into a normal doodle and eat him!
Why not?!
Personally, some of the above stuff like foam cheese balls and cheese die box sounds really boring! Do something silly and original!
Chris
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Chris - yeah, if your performing for magicians who've seen it all a hundred times a lot of stuff comes across as boring. That said, I get great reactions from sponge balls and die boxes for real live audience. I don't know how many magicians I've seen pull out an invisible deck and wow a bunch of lay people.

Almagic - Your SO right about focusing on the benefits rather then the features. So maybe we should start a list. What do KIDS see as the benefits of cheese? I.e. WHY would kids WANT cheese? You should JUST do tricks with cheese. You should do tricks that make cheese FUN!

But why not ask the client what they want!
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Definetely understood your point, Nicholas...very true! It's true I still do many classics as well, I still get great reactions from the Zombie and hippity hop rabbits! I just am thinking along the lines of trying to make his show a story with a plot and using all these elements combined...
Did'nt mean anything bad...just what could we do to make the show a SUPER show with cool story and tricks together...
Chris
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
As a recurring theme throughout your show, have the kids "Say Cheese" instead of a normal magic word. In fact, you may even want to start your show by pulling out a camera and saying that you would like to take some pictures of the kids. Then have them "Say Cheese". Think about it a moment and then suggest it as a magic word.

However, whenever they "Say Cheese" a little block of cheese drops out from some unexpected place. Intermingle this with the recurring production of a spring/puppet mouse who tries to eat all of the cheese.

With this, you create an instant fun conflict situation that is visual and easy for the kids to understand. In addition, the kids seem to be causing the conflict by saying Cheese - this is a very subtle use of empowerment that they will quickly catch onto and enjoy. As your show goes on, every time you bring up a volunteer from the audience, thank him by giving him ... what else? ... a little block of Cheese!

Notice, I haven't talked about a single trick. These are just bits of business that may increase the entertainment value of your show. In fact, you can simply perform your typical magic show with these kids of "bits" injected into it. In essence, you are a very serious magician trying to get through your performance while the kids continue to create all of these Cheesey problems for you.

So, when you are customizing a show, don't always think about the tricks. Often the them of the show can revolve around the bits of business instead. After all, wouldn't the sponsors be happy if the one thing the kids remembered for the next month or so was the phrase "Say Cheese!"

Hope that helps.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
Wah... I got website from my friend that sell all kind of cheese toy product call http://www.cheesehead.com

It gave me tons of ideas!!! and thank you very much for everyone helps and of cause I have learned and also planned some routine already...

But still will appreciate for more ideas... Cheers...
okito25
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria BC Canada
145 Posts

Profile of okito25
Gotta like those cheese head, hats you could almost build a show like a hat routine on that alone , the top hat and the fez especially
Keet
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
Ops... what's idea you gotta have? would you like to share?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cheese... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL