The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bob Read 3-Pannel Balls (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
Hey everyone!

On the Ammar Cups and Balls DVD's, Bob Read shows some different types of balls, which include what look like small (1") three-panel juggling balls. Does anyone know where to obtain these? They have a great look to them!

Many thanks!

Allan
Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
I asked about these a while ago. Seems no one knows. maybe he got them custom made. I found a ball maker who makes these kind of balls but he said that it was not worth the work for so small an order. It is much more intricate work than a normal juggling ball due to the size.

All I can say is good luck. You could even try making them yourself if you got the right materials. Maybe buy some juggling balls and cut them up to make correctly sized parts and filled with some sort of seed/lentils/rice.

Steven.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
When Steven was looking for those balls, he and I went on an internet search and contacted several people who make juggling balls. Their consensus was that once you get down to a certain size, it becomes too difficult to make the stitches necessary to complete the balls.

So they wouldn't even handle it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
Thanks so much for the info guys! That is really too bad that those balls aren't produced, I thought they looked great! I will keep researching on my end and let you guys know if I come up with anything...

Many thanks!

Allan
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I concur... I made these 4 panel balls, and they are a bit larger than baseballs. They are very time consuming, and the tighter the stitches, the more frustration.

~michael

~michael baker
The Magic Company
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Nice work Michael.

Allen, you may want to look at "hacky sacks" or "footbags" they aren't quite as small as 1" but they are small and I've seen some cool patterns.

Heres one site but theres tons more. Hacky sack is pretty popular world wide.

http://www.qualityrecreation.com/w90011.html
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There are balls that are available from pet shops that have catnip in them. They are about the right size, but whenever I use them, I keep hearing scratching and mewing at my door.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Nosslrak
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Nosslrak
Bumping this one. 10 years have past. Are there anyone making mini juggling balls for Cups and Balls? Real juggling balls with millet or equivalent.
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
10 years between messages on this thread. Must be some kind of record!
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
I just bought some of these solid colored seed-filled juggling balls for final loads. The smallest size they make is 55 mm, a little over 2 inches. The service was fast and the balls are nice.

http://www.firetoys.com/juggling-equipme......lls.html
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bob Read 3-Pannel Balls (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL