The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Hosting a Student (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2114 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi all. Sorry to double-post, I posted this in the off topic board, but thought it would be okay to put here as well. Thanks!

I'm a 20 year old student at the North Carolina School of the Arts, School of Filmmaking here in Winston-Salem, NC.

Part of our curriculum is to complete a professional internship. I am doing mine in the sound editorial department at 20th Century Fox this summer.

I will be in LA from early June (about the 5th-10th) and staying for about six weeks. Exact dates are yet to be ironed out as I figure out housing and air transportation.

If you, or anyone you know, near Culver City or anywhere else that has public transportation nearby so that I can get back and forth, is willing to spare a room, a couch, a floor, I'd be most grateful.

I can't afford much, but would gladly offer about $100 per week, and I'm always willing to mow your lawn or clean your bathroom.

I'm a non-smoker, all-around clean cut kid. If it's in my power, I'll gladly sneak you onto the studio lot over at Fox.

Anything you can do to help is most appreciated. Just give me a quick PM, and we can exchange e-mail or phone info if you'd like.

Thanks so much in advance!

Kevin

Update - While I'm looking into housing, if there are any of you in and around LA that just want to have a jam session or anything of that nature this summer, I'm very open to the idea!
Kevin Reylek
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Hey kevin I hope things go good for you in Cali. Are you coming back to NC?
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2114 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yep, I'll be coming back. I'm going out for 6 weeks for an internship, but I still have one more year of college left.

After I graduate next year, it is likely that I'll move to the west coast. I'm looking to get into post-production sound effects, and that's where most of the work in that field takes place.

As for my living situation, I should find out by tomorrow if I have a place secured to stay at UCLA tomorrow. Looking forward to the trip!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Hosting a Student (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL