The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What has the best effect when your around the house? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

firemage
View Profile
New user
CA
16 Posts

Profile of firemage
I was just wondering what you guys think. I'm going to buy more tricks soon. Right now I found the best to work are penna-coin and the magic coloring book.
"Not all who wander are lost"

J.R.R. Tolkien
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
People often make the mistake of buying trick which "drains" there money while they could be buying A) The tarbell series B) The Royal Road to Card Magic C) Now you see it now you don't and finally DVD's....

Trust me, unless you have all these, buy them instead of tricks... not only will they boost your knowledge of magic by a ten-fold, but also these are tricks without gimmicks.
white hats rule.
firemage
View Profile
New user
CA
16 Posts

Profile of firemage
thanx for the tip but i only got 15$ and i want to get tricks

J.R.R. Tolkien
woodmaven
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of woodmaven
You can probably pick up a volume or two of Tarbell on Ebay for that $15 - You'll get a lot more for your money than on one trick!

Just my 2 cents.

- Britt
Smile
Friends are our chosen family.

- Britt -
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
A book IS the best way to go, but, if you must get a trick,

Michael Ammar's Card on Ceiling and his Coins thru Silk are cheap and good. They will take some practice.

Three Ropes and a Baby is great.

Back to books, buy some of the self working, card, rope, coin, etc books. They are cheap, easy to get, and are full of fun stuff.
trevorsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
The U.K.
186 Posts

Profile of trevorsmagic
My advice is The Complete Course in Magic-
by Mark Wilson.
I picked up my copy second hand for £10 here in the U.K. for that you will be taught many many tricks for your money.
When i first started out it was THE thing that many of us did...to buy the packet/gimmicked tricks coz we wanted to do Magic NOW.I really echo the above posts spend your money on a good book and you will learn learn and PRACTISE.
thats my 2 cents enjoy...
Trevor Smile
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Quote:
On 2002-10-09 22:05, woodmaven wrote:
You can probably pick up a volume or two of Tarbell on Ebay for that $15 - You'll get a lot more for your money than on one trick!

Just my 2 cents.

- Britt
Smile

Trust everybody... buy the tarbell series..... I would be extremely surprised if you didnt already have the royal road and now you see it now you dont...
white hats rule.
firemage
View Profile
New user
CA
16 Posts

Profile of firemage
thanx but I just got a new shock can AND the right write wch is a great trick.

J.R.R. Tolkien
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What has the best effect when your around the house? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL