The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Be our guest! Be our guest! Be our guest! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
As far as I can remember, Kokomo seldom went out, I don't remember him wearing the bag except on the bally...and that awful clown suit! We were buddies... Albert/Alberta was really wierd! Kokomo and Carl, The Alligator Skin Man and I used to hang out together. One of the sticks was Eddie Flowers, who had been a dancer on Broadway. An OK guy, except when he got drunk! <G>
Slim, privileged and very green!
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Kokomo...yeah I saw him up the street near a grab joint...you are probably right...maye I cross memoried the bag from the bally...I don't remember the clown suit, I reckon fortunately huh?

I remember Carl from a small store front Single-O that was across the street (sort of) from the big shows...it was a Dime...and there was an African Giant Ant Eater in the window. The whole flash was painted white and I believe had blue and red text...See The Alligator Man! No banners that I recall...very dark and dank...I just walked in and a guy came out from behind a cloth dividing the small room and took my dime and said just a minute...then this tall guy (to me as a punk) came out in a bath robe and stepped onto the riser and did his spiel.
After his 'speechafyin' he just BSd with the kid with a million questions. His advise to me was to do and be whoever and whatever I wanted to be or do. It was a pivitol moment for me...he even shook my hand and disappeared back behind a curtain...it was the best dime I ever spent and the only dime I'll remember for a lifetime. All of us in the biz meet that one kid who has the right 'stuff' and questions and who we know will be moved and affected by what we do. I guess I was that kid and Carl did right fine, takin' some time and 'talkin' it up'. There were many lessons I took away from that show.

Thanks for the recall.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yes. It's amazing how rarely we hear the right questions. It makes us aware of how rarely we ask them also.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Be our guest! Be our guest! Be our guest! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL