We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit out of Hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RideorDie99
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of RideorDie99
Any Good sources on producing a rabbit from a hat?

Also when doing this effect or producing an animal. Who produces the animal at as an opener and who does the effect as a closer? I want to do this effect as a closer but I also need help in keeping the little guy comfortable throughout the show before producing him. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
STOP DROP SHUT THEM DOWN AND OPEN UP SHOP
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Find a copy of the Tarbell series, they are a great source of information.

Vol.3 and Vol.5 have plenty of rabbit magic.

I use animals during the show, but not as an opener or a closer.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
There are many threads on this topic.
Tarbell volume 5 is very good.
Daniel Faith
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Personally, I produce my rabbit about 5 minutes into my act, as quickly as possible in order to keep him from being "stuffed in a box" for too long. My mirror box from which the bunny is being produced is fairly large and has very large air holes in it. It also has a fabric covering on the inside to keep him comfortable. All of this is important to minimize the stress on your animal, and keep him healthy. The best advice that I can give you is to make sure the apparatus is comfortable for your rabbit, and do not keep him to long in whatever it is you are going to produce him from. After all, you certainly do not want to produce a dead rabbit, somehow that doesn't seem to play big with the audiences...

Have a good day
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Loual4, Says it all.
Not only should you want to treat the rabbit well, but you will find that many people pay a great deal of attention to how you take care of the rabbit. They deduce this from the way you handle the rabbit at (and after) production.

This is especially true of parents at a children’s show.

Bob
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1639 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
The best rabbit from hat? --- Eric Sharp's book that gives you more than one method.
One you get to using his method, you will find that it is the best there is.
Richard Lyn.
Terry Harris
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Terry Harris
Richard Lyn--where do I find Eric Sharp's book? Terry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit out of Hat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL