The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Real Mentalism, impromptu, propless, etc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2005-05-24 09:49, Antelope wrote:
Oh and the cheapest I've so far found Trance-Formations is £60 second hand and £75 new both paperback, the hardback is upwards of £80 second hand.

Forget them
Go on the Seduction Sites
TJ
:)
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
On 2005-05-19 16:06, DanielLove wrote:
I really like the "Metronome revelation" not only for it's simplicity, but it's very much in the realm of genuine psychological mentalism - which is what I really love, it's dangerous and can fail every now and then... but it keeps you on your toes and feels like a genuine experience for both you and the participant (because it is.)

Yes, yes, I really love Sean's "Metronome revelation".

Are there any other "genuine psychological mentalism" like these?

"Sensory Projections" form Underground Collective is close to "genuine psychological mentalism", but not as sophisticated as Dream Signs. IMO, anyway.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
"Sensory Projections" form Underground Collective is close to "genuine psychological mentalism", but not as sophisticated as Dream Signs. IMO, anyway.

Doesn't this one include a list they have topic from?
TJ Smile

Stanton Carlisle's Mentalism for Connoisseurs
Just got this book from
http://www.magicbooksbypost.co.uk/
For £6.50 Inc postage
About $10 U.S plus postage
This has a real mentalist, impromptu and propless effect similar to the impossible to get ones that go for vast amounts on ebay
Get a copy now there can't be many left
(For $10 Sheesh)
TJ
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
On 2005-06-05 18:05, teejay wrote:
Doesn't this one include a list they have topick from?

Just a list of films, but, you're right, it is not propress.

Quote:
On 2005-06-06 19:11, teejay wrote:
Just got this book from

TJ, could you elaborate on this book? Please give me just one example of the tricks, maybe.

Thanks!
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote]
On 2005-06-06 19:11, teejay wrote:
Just got this book from
[/quote]

TJ, could you elaborate on this book? Please give me just one example of the tricks, maybe.

Hi R
There is only one effect that is relevant to this thread
It is called Mentalism Supreme
Similar to some of the effects of Luke Jermay and some of the others mentioned above
A spectator will behave (act, see, hear, feel) at the suggestion of the Performer as if hypnotized
But nobody has been formally hypnotized then or pre-show
I have seen this sort of effect described as
Suggestion
Waking Hypnosis
Pseudo Hypnosis
Instant Hypnosis
Perhaps somebody could post a definition of the difference between these descriptions?
I'm puzzled about the difference, if any LOL?
Could some body please help clear this up?
TJ
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I would describe Carlisle's approach as "blatant psychological bullying disguised as hypnosis."

(I'll leave the discussion about the difference, if any, between "blatant psychological bullying" and "hypnosis" to others.)
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
durhamkid
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of durhamkid
A lot of the texts and resources being cited here can be a bit mindblowing, if only by their number and diversity. Can I humbly suggest that an ideal introduction to nlp type techniques; suggestion; fake hypnosis and direct "mindreading" is "Sleight Of Mind" by Harling & Nyrup. This is written in a fairly concise and accessible style and offers fairly good coverage of the above methods and applications as they relate to mentalism. Having read this, you will then at least have a framework for the more hypno-style approach to mentalism.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
One of the best things I have seen propless is when Shrink, a member of the boards here, got chatting to a waitress where we were having a drink, and gave her a reading using his own system. Now since he was using his own cold reading system mixed with other things, I don't know how much I can say about it. Needless to say it was one of the most amazing things I have seen, and due to the way he has designed the system he was getting exact hits. He went on to describe how he done some of it, and the thought that he has put into it is incredible!

The point I'm trying to make is that real mind reading needs nothing...except Shrink on hand!

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Colin is a friend and may well be biased. But I have been developing a cold reading system for a long time now. And more recently have been developing it as a complete impromtu system.

It combines many years messing with oracles such as the tarot and also doing many years of therapy and coaching. The best things are you will be percieved as being real. you will be able to hone into major concerns very quickly and offer real advice that will help your clients if needed. But most importantly it will feel as if you are inside their head.

To tell you the truth Ive not worked out exactly how I do this as it is a combination of a number of skills and knowledge from divers fields studied and used over the years.

I am just contemplating breaking it down into a book and offering it as a system which I believe will be a very useful addition to cold reading litrature. And esp the age old question " what do I do with people who have problems?"

But I don't know exactly when that will happen ...may be a long while!!!

Shrink
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
I think I was cold reading for a decade before discovering mentalism . I have worked with problems and hypnotic language for 15 years . Its a good training to have your perceptions and then just ask the question to see if you are right . You don't even have to get it right . Its called Psychotherapy .
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
On 2005-06-09 18:01, shrink wrote:

I am just contemplating breaking it down into a book and offering it as a system which I believe will be a very useful addition to cold reading litrature. And esp the age old question " what do I do with people who have problems?"

But I don't know exactly when that will happen ...may be a long while!!!

Shrink

Shrink, I just cannot wait!
paullong
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of paullong
Shrink - I can't wait either. If it's as good as it sounds, I'd definately be interested!
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2005-06-09 14:04, Quinn wrote:
I would describe Carlisle's approach as "blatant psychological bullying disguised as hypnosis."
(

As I said above, I already have Carlisle
Does anybody know where I can get some more material about this great sounding
approach to Hypnosis
ROTFL
TJ

[quote]On 2005-06-06 20:23, rockbrunnen wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-06-05 18:05, teejay wrote:
Doesn't this one include a list they have to pick from?

Just a list of films, but, you're right, it is not propless.
[quote]
Hi R
I wasn't trying to be a big head
It was a real question
NO offence meant
TJ
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
No, no, I didn't take offence to it.
I always enjoy your post.

Rock
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
This link

Has some great posts particularly at the beginning i.e from Number 1 on
TJ Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Real Mentalism, impromptu, propless, etc. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL