The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Some Questions about Misled (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi guys:

I have some questions about misled, hope to receive some clarification from you all:

a) Does the package of Misled come with a yellow pencil or do I need to buy one else where?

b) Do we need to use pencil in order to perform this effect?

c) Do we REALLY need to use yellow colour pencil? What if we use other colours? Or pencils with mixed colour? Would it cause difficulties to perform the effect if we were to use pencil with different colour or pencil with mixed colours?

d) Can we apply Misled to

- tissue paper?
- playing cards?
- newspaper?

e) How durable is the gimmick?

Thanks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-05-12 07:33, zhuanan wrote:
Hi guys:

I have some questions about misled, hope to receive some clarification from you all:

a) Does the package of Misled come with a yellow pencil or do I need to buy one else where?
< yes >

b) Do we need to use pencil in order to perform this effect?
< to use the gimmick as provided, yes >

c) Do we REALLY need to use yellow colour pencil? What if we use other colours? Or pencils with mixed colour? Would it cause difficulties to perform the effect if we were to use pencil with different colour or pencil with mixed colours?
< you can alter the gimmick >

d) Can we apply Misled to

- tissue paper?
- playing cards?
- newspaper?

< yes, if handled the same way >

e) How durable is the gimmick?
< had mine for over a decade, it's not stressed in the routine >

Thanks

responses in <>
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Tilman
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Tilman
Not to argue with you, Jonathan, but I think one should admit that it may take quite some research in order to get exactly what you need for altering the gimmick to fit differently coloured pencils (for the trick to be deceptive under close-up conditions). Not that I'm saying that it is a good thing to avoid the troubles of customizing tricks for one's own use...
Also, I doubt that Misled can be applied to something as inflexible and stiff as playing cards. I would prefer not to subject my gimmick to a test in order to prove the point. But I may still be wrong. If this is an essential application to you, Zhuanan, buy the trick and give it a try.
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Thank a lot ya...
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Just do an ungimmicked verssion, they work a lot better!!
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
They work a lot better?
They work differently and allow different effects to occur.
I don't think better is really the right word.
Gimmicks often provide more visual easier ways of doing the same thing but of course it's another thing to carry/lose.

Non gimmicked versions are for impressing magicians.
Gimmicked versions can often look far more impressive and can make your job much easier with angles, setups, timing etc.
snape
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of snape
Slightly off topic, I'd be curious to know whether Timothy Wenk still is in magic these days...?
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
P.S. I do not agree that handing out a pencil at the end of an effect is better magic, why give the audience anything unless you want them to keep it? It also puts pressure on all your effects, do they need to examine everything to make it better magic? If you have ever worked in bars or clubs you will know what I mean, one the drink is flowing and the inhibitions are down people grab at anything.
jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
You can always faint to give out the pencil at the end of the routine if you borrowed the bill from a spectator. This gets laughs and allows the audience to believe it was ordinary. 50% of the time you will be given the bill as a tip to keep if its a $5 or $1. At least that is what has worked for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Some Questions about Misled (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL