The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Mindfreak series? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19~20~21 [Next]
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Has anyone heard when the Criss Angel Mindfreak TV series is going to be on TV and what station? To be honest, I didn't really like him at first, but he is starting to grow on me....
Bizarrely Magical,
Bryan
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
The series will be on A&E. It is supposed to air in the summer. The last that I heard is that it is to air July 20th. Just keep checking your local listings.....
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
20th July is what I heard too.
There will be many stunts in the series. One of them will have Criss being electrocuted!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Sounds great!!!
magicfest
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of magicfest
I can check with Banachek. He told me he was working with Chris on this special and more things to come. I will let the forum know what I find out
Mark Benthimer
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
Wednesday July 20th at 10.00pm on A&E.

It wasn't a big drama to find that out, guys.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1159 Posts

Profile of Banachek
I is July 20th at 10pm on A&E. Also those in the New York Area, look for an upcoming stunt called Oasis. All I can say is it involves a glass bubble filled with water, Criss inside, an endurance stunt and an incredible twist at the end.

Origianlly I was brought in just for the mentalism, the buried alive and the bullet catch and eneded up being pretty much involved in every aspect of the show from the surreal word to the magic and the mentalism and even small details in some of the look of things. Myself, Johnny Thompson and Dexter were the magicians on board for the entire shoot, many others like Osterlind, Hillford, Luke Jermay, Ayela were consulted for other specific effects. Luke actually spent a couple of weeks helping out.

Episodes include, a buried alive, a bullet catch, hanging from hooks from a helicopter and taking a ride through the desert, a headline prediction, psychopysicological reading for a viper against 100 thousand dollars, picking up cars with your bare hands, burned alive, Russian roulette, blindfold drive, levitations, a very unique barrel escape, being blown up in a box with dynamite and so much more.

Each episode starts with a surreal world clip and then goes back and forth to the real word. The show is shot in reality fashion based around a real large stunt so you have many small magic stunts and effects that build up to this larger stunt. As a result you see people like Johnny Thompson, Todd Robbins, Luke Jermay, Dexter, Jacob, Lance, Ayela, Amazing Jonathon, P&T, Rob Zombie, Jonathon Davis from Korn, Mandy Moore and others in discussions with Criss behind the scenes and you see problems we encounter like high winds, the gaming commission shutting us down when we want to do a predictions stunt and the like (don't want to give too much away).

All in all this should have a look and feel like nothing else that has been done before. As it stands right now we will have 17 episodes in the can with 5 more to come.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
darkleopard5
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of darkleopard5
Personelly I don't like Angel, mainly cuz he goes around challenging other magicans, so he can show every1 else he is the better magican, and yes his special IS in JUNE.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 09:32, Banachek wrote:
Myself, Johnny Thompson and Dexter were the magicians on board for the entire shoot, many others like Osterlind, Hillford, Luke Jermay, Ayela were consulted for other specific effects.

Wowee! With a consultation line-up like that, the series could star Oscar Homolka and it STILL would be a "must see" --- as a matter of fact, it would be interesting to see Homoka as a mystic, wouldn't it?

Will be tuning in or recording, or both.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
robert2701
View Profile
New user
Austria
8 Posts

Profile of robert2701
Hello guys,

is there anyone who could do me a favor and record this series on DVD?
I live in Austria/Europe and REALLY would like to see this shows!

So please, if somebody owns a DVD recorder and would do that for me, please contact me and we will discuss further details. Thank you in advance!

All the best,
Robert
Emerys
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Emerys
I also would like a copy of it on dvd. If you can, send me a pm. Thanks.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own.",
Emerys Merlin (online name)
Aim: magicianmw
Yahoo: theagelesswizard@yahoo.com
MSN: houdini@hvc.rr.com
cornfarrell
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of cornfarrell
Quote:
On 2005-05-29 00:00, darkleopard5 wrote:
Personelly I don't like Angel, mainly cuz he goes around challenging other magicans, so he can show every1 else he is the better magican, and yes his special IS in JUNE.

It is a series. It begins airing Wednesday July 20th at 10:00 PM/9:00 central. You can go to the A&E website for a trailer and other info.http://www.aetv.com/crissangel/
FLIM-FLAM
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of FLIM-FLAM
I think Criss Angel is one of the best performers to have come around in a long time. Very talented magician!
robert2701
View Profile
New user
Austria
8 Posts

Profile of robert2701
Hmmm, seems like nobody in the USA owns a DVD recorder... still hoping that somebody could record it because here in Europe magic TV appearances are very rare!

All the best,
Robert
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
I cannot believe anyone has to ask when this is on!! Look at the top of this page guys..there's a banner!! Lol
oops I mean top of index page!
deerbourne
View Profile
Regular user
Centennial, CO
174 Posts

Profile of deerbourne
A&E is very good about putting their series out on DVD. It may take a while, but they will put them put out on their online store.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I will be with Chriss next weekend and will see what I can find out about DVD releases.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
Also be sure to watch for a couple segments involving some creepy crawlies supplied by Steve and I.

I had a chance to see some of this in the making and it looks to be something really different. Criss is a great guy to work with and was always considerate to the special needs of my bugs and snakes during the shoot. I wish him the best success with this series.

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
I like what I have seen so far in the the trailers.

But my alter ego that twist balloons and cleans up kid puke is complaining about the comment "he took the cheesola out of magic."
What the heck is that suppose to mean?!?!
Just because some of us are family friendly or G rated doesn't mean it's cheesy. Dry humor is cool too! Isn't it?

Anybody else notice a disturbing trend in US entertainment and that is the more violent and R rated the more genius is attributed to the creators. What is up with that! CSI, the Sophranos, sex in the city, the Shield they are always nominated for awards.
If I saw a woman in half and use some original half wit humor Smile and I am cheesy, but if I let the blood fly, bones crunch and shock the heck out of everybody, now I am a genius!
Don't get me wrong, I like the creepy stuff too but I got kids I gotta entertain over here!
how about Criss Angel in Clown Freak, the Freaky Kids Hour, or Mind Zoom
(Yeah you won't be seeing any of those shows nominated for awards! Smile )
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
[derail]The reason that the shows you mention get awards is that they have great stories. Yes, violence and sex are part of those stories, but violence and sex are a part of life, like it or not.

If the shows were just nothing but people going around killing and screwing, they would not be winning awards, and frankly I don't think very many people would watch. [/derail]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Mindfreak series? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL