The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Mindfreak series? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
SOHA
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
178 Posts

Profile of SOHA
Cardone,
Who's Britany Spears? Is she related to Britney?
Can you mention some of the awards that you're talking about?

Hopefully, you guys are not trying to disregard the honor of receiving such a prestegious award like Magician of the Year with those comments.

Will
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Troller... I said the AUDIENCES are not stooges... so the girls is a hired performer SO WHAT?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
Mr. Will......have a looksee......... http://www.britneyspears.com/about-awards.php
notice the American Music Award for best new "artist"...........
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Quote:
Troller... I said the AUDIENCES are not stooges... so the girls is a hired performer SO WHAT?
You're missing the point, Pete. It's wrong for Angel to use a hired performer for an illusion ... even if every other magician who has ever performed a levitation has done so with a performer. And it's wrong for someone to "act" like a member of the audience, even though that's been done for as long as there have been magicians and audiences. You're going to have to check your inside knowledge at the door, because clearly the only way to actually know how the illusion was done is to watch it on television. I also think that anyone who actually worked on the show, particularly those who helped develop the illusions being discussed, should keep quiet, because it's the folks with the TV remote controls who know how they were REALLY done. Perhaps Angel should stop by this thread. I'm sure he was stumped by the illusion (because, after all, he's such a hack, as are all the magicians who worked with him on the show), and would love to know how he did it.
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
I LOOOOOVE the stooge he used for the mindfreak levitation episode. SHE IS A GREAT ACTRESS.....

He...

Did any one notice for some odd reason the girl in his website in the "NYC timesquare levitation" looks EXACTLY like the girl he levitated on downtown vegas?
I wonder why.....*sarcasm*Boy there must be a lot of strangers who have identical twins now in days*sarcasm*

"I will levitate a COMPLE STRANGER off the street"-Criss

"If you were there you would see him levitate a stranger"(might be a little misquoted)....-Editor Genii.

Yeah right.....

Whatever.

Yet people expect me to hang to every word Genii magazine says about angel being a great magician.

Criss is influential but that's it. He isn't great.

Again whatever.
phaddad2
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of phaddad2
When Harry Anderson did his hello sucker special he did a neele thru the arm. you can not reproduce it because it was edited for T.V. his comments were I use the tools available to produce the best results. Chris Angel is doing nothing less.
phaddad2
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of phaddad2
Oops needle
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Did you see the car episode on tonights show? It basically ran him down. WOW, that was great. And no damage. But how?

Also like the coin transposition. He did that well.

Still the tuff one for me is the garbage can. He basically put a garbage container on top of himself as others hold it down. He talks on a walkie talkie and then when he gives the word, the container is lifted and he is gone. He is then found on top of a roof of an adjacent building! Very cool. This is the second time I seen it. The first time was when he was in New York. This one was in Vegas. I do know that in NY they have hidden street access to building, but in Vegas, I do not think that they have that there!

Criss is starting to grow on me. I really like his stuff. Some of it's gross, but a lot of it is quite unbelieveable.
phaddad2
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of phaddad2
I tried to watch but could not get in to the show. But I am 50 and not his target audiance anyway. I love magic and hear he is a good guy but not my style.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I like the guy I cant view the show because I am currently stationed in Iceland. But I like all his other stuff. If they do come out on a season DVD I will get it.
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
I thought tonight was the best episode yet. The reason for this was simple straight forward magic,good solid magic, and funny with the amazing johnathan in the episode. What I really like about Chris is that he is bringing awareness to the public about other magicians that are really only famouse in our circle not to the public, Banacheck, Dexter, Amazing Johnathan(even though he has a great show in vegas not to many people know who he is) And the great Thomsini...This is great from the stand point that a lot of people who are great in our business are getting some reconition. Congrads to all that is involved and hope that the magic keeps on coming and the lay people catch on to our art again.

tpdmagic
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Quote:
If they do come out on a season DVD I will get it.
There was an ad for it on last night's show. $24.95. I believe it can be ordered through A&E's website.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Quote:
On 2005-10-19 23:13, troller wrote:
Did you see the car episode on tonights show? It basically ran him down. WOW, that was great. And no damage. But how?

Also like the coin transposition. He did that well.

Still the tuff one for me is the garbage can. He basically put a garbage container on top of himself as others hold it down. He talks on a walkie talkie and then when he gives the word, the container is lifted and he is gone. He is then found on top of a roof of an adjacent building! Very cool. This is the second time I seen it. The first time was when he was in New York. This one was in Vegas. I do know that in NY they have hidden street access to building, but in Vegas, I do not think that they have that there!

Criss is starting to grow on me. I really like his stuff. Some of it's gross, but a lot of it is quite unbelieveable.

is that why he's your avatar?
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
Yes you can order the entire season, 15 episodes and extras for $24.95 from A&E

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index......d=309389

It is a pre-order right now. It says it will ship on 11-29-05....
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Quote:
...is that why he's your avatar?

I enjoyed his levitations so much, I though I would share it with the world. Don't try and think it means anything beyond that.

Your avator is kinda scary looking. What's up with those eyes. What are you suppose to be? Some halloween freak? Some show their faces in an avatar unaltered. What's up with yours?
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
About my avatar:
My character is that of someone who brings light to the shadows. I demonstrate that anything is possible because borders and boundaries are only in our mind.
The darkness around me signifies the shadows of doubt and insecurities that control our world. The light from my eyes signify the hope that I bring to the world. It does look scary, because everyone's afraid of the unknown.
By the way, those are strong forcefields in my eyes. I wear sunglasses.

Any Questions?

What is your character?
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
My character? Why, Duck Dodgers in the Twenty-fourth-and-a-half Century, of course! That's my story and I'm sticking to it, Space Cadets!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist, as I am doing a panel on Buck Rogers at WindyCon in Chicago on November 12. See http://www.windycon.org for details. Sneaky plug!!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
a-spirit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of a-spirit
Wow I agree Chris is the greatest Magician of our time but I saw a TV program on PBS about early filmmaking and there was a guy who was way better than Chris.

In this black and white silent film this guy was standing by a small stool and a girl just appeared from nowhere standing on this stool, with no cover. I mean in one frame she was not there and in the next frame poof there she was. Wow how amazing and entertaining. I can not believe that he was doing the same amazing magic back when film was silent as Chris and Blane still use today.

Someone needs to find out who this guy was and give him the GREATEST MAGICIAN OF ALL TIME award.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3407 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
George Melies(spl) was probably the filmmaker; what you saw was an edit; I hope that this post was a joke!

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
a-spirit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of a-spirit
[quote]On 2005-10-26 09:59, Stanyon wrote:
George Melies(spl) was probably the filmmaker; what you saw was an edit; I hope that this post was a joke!

Just like the TV specials we are seeing these days.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel Mindfreak series? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL