The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Jerry the flourishman on magic broadcast (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Malakaneekeenai
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Malakaneekeenai
*XCM
way to go. TO THE BROTHERHOOD!!!!!
"Try not to conform to the way others see you as, carve your own path"-Muah
cheats
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of cheats
Quote:
On 2005-05-15 17:39, MichalMystic wrote:
Wow Ill say it once and Ill say it again. Just the fact that this conversation is still going on proves the fact that Devo is not only talented but a marketing genuis. Controversy about this art and all the haters have only made XCM bigger and bigger. Me pesonally my hats off to the whole community of XMC for there very very strong support of it. I only wish the magic comunnity was this way, a true brotherhood like it was ment to be. Ill be lisening that's for sure.

Agreed. Devo is a genuis. wonder where xcm will be in 2 years from now? when superhandz first started people said it was a fad. Now 4 years later it is stronger than ever. What is next from devo?

Jerry is representing Devo, Superhandz, Handlordz, and himself. They asked Devo to do the show and devo asked Jerry to represent him and XCM.
jessicashurtz
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of jessicashurtz
You know, you COULD just ignore it...
-j
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
I mention Devo just cause of the whole subject of XCM and Jerry not only one of the founders and I mean old school but also one of Devo closest friends in this area.

Once again I'll be lisening heck I might even phone in!
Also just for all of you, there a great thread at Ellusionist in the public forums so all can read, that explains from the man himself (Devo) real opinion on magicians and if you read it (along with the many XCM members should read it) you'd never say that Devo hates magicians again.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Is Jerry going to rename his book or still keep it the same?
cheats
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of cheats
I think Jerry will keep his names the same.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Just to let you all know there is a chat associated with http://www.magicbroadcast.com and you can PM questions to the host Gerald for Jerry. Gerald also may open up the phone lines so you can call in and ask questions.
Steve
Seif
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
21 Posts

Profile of Seif
Yeah, he's opening the phone lines...I talked with Jerry on the phone a couple days ago and he's pumped up for the show. He told me he has QUITE a few things lined up for you guys.

Seif
ewizardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
117 Posts

Profile of ewizardmagic
I got his #, and "someone else's" # as well...but I haven't called them yet.

I'll for sure try to tune in. Sounds great.

Jason
"Never argue with an idiot...those who are watching may not be able to tell the difference..."

"skusslechea"
-psalms 35

Jason

http://www.ewizardmagic.com
MnemonicaRedux
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of MnemonicaRedux
Hey, I just realised isn't Jerry's real name also "Gerald" P Cestkowski? Cause if so, then there's gonna be a load of mayhem if they use his real name on the air. But then again, the one who keeps saying "Nice!" will have to be the REAL Gerald, I'd say Smile

-Kev
Driver
View Profile
New user
I have posted
88 Posts

Profile of Driver
"hehehe niice"
I can't wait for this either. even thought it's 5am in Europe. I'm there.
Seif
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
21 Posts

Profile of Seif
Jason, having someone's phone # and being on speaking terms with that person are two different things. Especially since I was given the number and didn't have to hack my way to it...lol

Seif
Malakaneekeenai
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Tonight....it doth happen.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Even though it is in 3 hours I will sleep by then, frigging tired now.

But a friend is recording the radio show plus downloading that XB demo for me.
I am meeting Daryl in October, Ill see if he can bring a XB DVD for me if I like the look of it.

If anyone else misses it, give me a shout and I'll try to get the vid over somehow once I get it.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
geraldk
View Profile
New user
California
41 Posts

Profile of geraldk
Nice! "See" you tonight!
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
I got the video for anyone missing it.
ewizardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
117 Posts

Profile of ewizardmagic
I am pretty sure that Harwin goes out and performs magic as well as flourishes for friends.

I personally find it to be easier when trying to book a magic show (maybe with some flourishes) then an XCM performance.

I have never seen an XCM artist at a party performing.

...that just my little side of it.

Jason
"Never argue with an idiot...those who are watching may not be able to tell the difference..."

"skusslechea"
-psalms 35

Jason

http://www.ewizardmagic.com
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Jason, exactly, maybe in a few years it will be easier for XCM:ers to get jobs when it is a little more well known, I've NEVER heard or seen a Xtreme Card Manipulator do a gig though, so off course its easier as a magician.

I've gotten Television offers plus been in TV doing magic. I don't like Aviators much btw, Bicycles are perfect cards for me. Smile

A little about booking XCM:ers/Magicians..

People are more comfortable with things they know what it is. When people hear the word magician, usually their image in their head is a man with a hat and suit that pulls rabbits out of hats and does magic stunts, I don't think many people get a image in their head by mentioning a Xtreme Card Manipulator.

Sure you can give them a demonstration, I've shown several people SH videos and most peoples opinions are like "that's cool stuff, they have a lot of time on their hands, I guess it's good as hand exercises, but its nothing you will earn money by doing."

Talking out of experience, nothing else.
Malakaneekeenai
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Grrrrr.... I missed it. I listened to like 2 minutes of it though and got to atleast here jerries voice.
rudess
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of rudess
Jerry is the Master.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Jerry the flourishman on magic broadcast (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL