The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Distant Voice Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ragiv
View Profile
New user
Prince George, BC
95 Posts

Profile of Ragiv
I was wondering: are there are any good dvds/books/etc that cover the Distant effects?
Jodie - SOCTV
Jimmy Vee
View Profile
Regular user
Jimmy Vee
176 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Vee
There's a Bill Boley tape that covers distant voice and special vent effects like the ring announcer voice and the baby cry. I think it is available through Maher Studios.

Aslo Paul Winchel's video "Ventriloquism for Fun and Profit" He does some great distant voice stuff.
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
JImmy your right about both resources. I read the post and drew a blank...(I have always wonder how you can "draw" a blank) anyway. Winch does a great Distant voice. I have the dvd Nacho Estrada put out at the Vegas Convention and its a good resource as well.

Chris
Jimmy Vee
View Profile
Regular user
Jimmy Vee
176 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Vee
Nacho is great... I have heard him do the distant voice in person... Pretty amazing. How is the DVD?
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
The DVD is based on his lecture he did in Vegas at the convention. It was good in my opinion. Worth it for the explanation and the ability to see him do it. He is excellent at the Distant Voice!

Chris
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
If Im correct here Distant voice is the same as throwing your voice?. When I was about 16 in NY I new this criminal guy a very bas person he was a thief, con man, womanizer and many other things. But he had the ability to throw his voice which was he said something and the voice seemed to come from somewhere else in the room. Although it was not his real voice it was a bit quieter and more high pitched. when he demonstrated this for me I was astonished. I asked If he could teach me and he was like your just some kid don't waste my time and that was the last time I saw him. I have no idea how he did it and Im not sure if something like that can even be taught. Anyways is this Distant Voice??
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
Yes, that's distant voice.

Pretty tough techique: To be audible and yet soft enough to sound distant. Smile
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Hi Pauly,
What you desribed is distant voice but "throwing your voice" is a term used for vent in general and can apply to making the puppet beside you talk, at the same volume as yourself, as well as making a voice appear from further afield.
I'm not too hot at distant voice but have been getting quite good at an echo effect. That's a lot of fun to do especially if the puppet acts surprised at his/her voice echoing and gets carried away with it.

George
alson
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of alson
Bill Boley did a great distant voice.The thing to remember is take time and not to learn it all at one setting. Nacho got a speaker feedback that has to be one of the greatest vent thing I've ever seen. He a real fine person too. I remember
being at a vent gathering and doing a distant voice in an elevator and all the people was wondering where it came from. There are many kinds of distant voices ,
and each can be used in a differnt way. Paul Stadelman had a great way of doing a distant
voice which is taught in his book Ventriloquism of Today .Some people find the distant voice hard to do ,but I found it not to be that hard to learn.I use to work in store when I was younger , and I would do the distant voice to trick people in to thinking someone was calling them. Just have fun with it.
Alson
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Thanks guys I was trying to find this stuff too
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
328 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
Another good source for learning distant voice is Bob Neller's audio cassette or CD. You can buy it from http://www.maherstudios.com

Regards,

Budi Ha Ha
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Distant Voice Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL