The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » More Advice For The Billet Student (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Olivier
View Profile
New user
France
26 Posts

Profile of Olivier
Just a question. I wondered what you all guys think about the unconventional center-tear method used by Docc Hilford in his booklet Dark Cloak.
Olivier
RJ_Silmser
View Profile
Regular user
Quebec
160 Posts

Profile of RJ_Silmser
Now, Doc Hilford...there's a man I would have listened to if he had comments on my billet methods...not these boneheads. Thank you Olivier.

~Rick~
"A man is only as young as the woman he feels"

-Groucho Marx-
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
Hey Rick, a chics a chic no matter the age.

They are forever young and girls forever.
Look into their eyes and you can see it.

But to the piont Rick, (I noticed you avioded comment on this)
you post your vid I'll post mine.
As per my challange to you.

To the others yes billets are outdated.

Just becouse most have not made the jump to the next century does not indicate any thing but lazy intellect.

Or possibly having something that they a riding untill its dead.
But it is dying for guaranteed sure.

Jack

H.O.A.X
RJ_Silmser
View Profile
Regular user
Quebec
160 Posts

Profile of RJ_Silmser
Jack, I don't allow videos of my work to be made, I don't even allow a still camera in my audience, I never have. I don't need promo videos, never have and never will. I'm a "private" entertainer. Do you know what that means ? It means not for the general public. The audience loves my billet work just the way it is. I'm very happy with it. How do you think one gets good at something...find something your good at and stick to one method....thats exactly what I do. I don't waste my time with the other guys stuff. I have my own...and I'm d.a.m.n good at it.

A challenge ? Are you threatened by me, Jack ? that's the only reason one chalenges another...to prove they are better. You know what, Jack ? You probably are better. So now you can sleep tonight

Tell Richard Osterlind that billets are dead. That man has made enough on his billet routines to buy and sell guys like you twice a day.

I've seen your website, Jack as as I said to you before...I love me , who do you love ?

~Rick~

-Groucho Marx-
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

No Rick, never worried about guys like you.

Heck you readly admit you use Joe's stuff.
You are boasting of how you got it from the guys widow!

C'mon quit contradicitng yourself.

I know you are vexed at me for letting the cat out of the bag about billets.
But I am just the messenger.
Time moves on let the things go into the good night.

Strange you are so secret about not showing or recording your work but you post your secrets here.

Sounds like some one is making excuses Rick.

Illogical actions I believe.

What will the children think?

I guess I really have gotten to you. I noticed you trying to enlist Richard Osterlind's help in dealing with me.

I doubt he will.
After all I work at this for a living just as he does.
I have no quarrel with him.

We just work differnt sides 'O' the street.

Good night Rick

Best Wishes

Jack

H.O.A.X
RJ_Silmser
View Profile
Regular user
Quebec
160 Posts

Profile of RJ_Silmser
Go back to bed, jack...

~Rick~

-Groucho Marx-
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
With billets, isn't the end result to the layman the only thing that matters? All they know is they are writing a question (or something else, PCT) on a paper and handing it to you. After I provide the answer to the question, that is all they remember and then the real fun begins.

JMO
RJ_Silmser
View Profile
Regular user
Quebec
160 Posts

Profile of RJ_Silmser
Candini...

you are 100% right on the money with that. The audience has no idea of our methods, all they know is the person on stage just read their written thought.

There are a lot of guys that worry about what method is "up to date"...as if the audience knows and is going to say..."Oh my god, Martha, that man is still using Dunninger's method" or "Hey Bill, that guy just used the new Bob Cassidy move !
The sad thing about it is a lot of performers think that way.

If you are entertaining a room full of other Mentalists all the time, that's when you should worry about if your method or routines are up to date.

"If it works, and it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Too many performers are worried about what the other performers are going to say and think, that's when you fall into that trap.

As long as you have entertained the audience, that is all that really counts if you are a true entertainer. Just get the job done the best way you know how to... using what ever method you choose, just be entertaining.

~Rick~

-Groucho Marx-
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
782 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Jack..

Billets dead? Outdated? LOL...maybe you think so..but audiences don't...certainly not the audience of Ph.d. psychologists I performed for last nite. I had a psychologist/magician friend of mine circulate at the cocktail party afterwards to listen and try to slicit comments/theories..Having discussed the show with the guests (none of them knew he and I were friends)...All comments included the themes of the usual adjectives.."amazing", "I know he said he didn't have supernatural powers, but if I didn't know better..." etc...

Go right on thinking billets are out dated...and we will go right on knowing they are not.
RJ_Silmser
View Profile
Regular user
Quebec
160 Posts

Profile of RJ_Silmser
~Huge applause to mdspark~

Jack is a "Paranormalist" and not a "Mentalist", so that explains his ignorance behind the billet statement, mdspark. Easy on him, ok ? hahahahahahaha !

Good man, thanks for that !

~Rick~

-Groucho Marx-
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Oh, C'mon Rick just winding you up man.
Trying to see if you would do any new tricks.

(Sorry the rest of you fellas were caught up in the vortex of twisted fun.)

But I could not let the old boy continue on as he was.
To many contradictions.

Since parts of Ricks posts are no longer readable those coming late may not understand.
But he was wound and rolling on the ground.
Calling for help from Rich Osterlind.

I am glad Richard saw it for what it was, just a bit of fun.

In closing my offer for posting of the video stands.
I know Rick has pics of his show I saw them on his site.
Perhaps he stopped taking pictures after that show and had those pics on the web site destroyed.

I would assume he also has video but is reluctant to let those here see it.
After all it would not be exposure if it is show footage.

And he already has exposed his methods here on the Café for everyone to see.

Jack

H.O.A.X
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
782 Posts

Profile of mdspark
What do you care, Jack. After all, you are the REAL thing, why waste time with us mere mortals?

Mark
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Why not take an interest in things here?

It's interesting.

I assume your reasons for being here are similar.

Jack

H.O.A.X
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Hmmmm. I wonder what Richard Osterlind would have to say about all of this. He is a member here. He may stop by at any time.......
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Phil,

Your point is one I cannot define.

Please do so.

Thanks,

Jack

H.O.A.X
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I'm just curious as to what he might say about this whole discussion as everyone has their own reasoning as to why we should or should not use billets. I would just love to hear his excellent professional advice as well, seeing as I am learning several of his methods that so far are tried and true.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-05-23 17:53, Phil Thomas wrote:
Hmmmm. I wonder what Richard Osterlind would have to say about all of this. He is a member here. He may stop by at any time.......

My feeling here is to do what you consider to be right and not worry about anyone else. I change my mind on things magical about 3 or 4 times a week. One thing I have learned from my experiences is that there are no absolutes when it comes to the "rules of magic" or mentalism.

(Then, of course, I think a lot of people just like playing around on here to get under someone else's skin. That's fine and I think most readers recognize it for what it is.)

Richard
RJ_Silmser
View Profile
Regular user
Quebec
160 Posts

Profile of RJ_Silmser
Wise words, which I will gladly take.
Thank you, Sir.

~Rick~

-Groucho Marx-
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Quote:
On 2005-05-23 20:19, Richard Osterlind wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-23 17:53, Phil Thomas wrote:

My feeling here is to do what you consider to be right and not worry about anyone else. I change my mind on things magical about 3 or 4 times a week. One thing I have learned from my experiences is that there are no absolutes when it comes to the "rules of magic" or mentalism.

(Then, of course, I think a lot of people just like playing around on here to get under someone else's skin. That's fine and I think most readers recognize it for what it is.)

Richard

Well said Mr.Osterlind. Keep doing what you do so well. I truly enjoy watching your performances on dvd and learning what works and what does not. BTW, your Breakthrough Card System is AMAZING! I was introduced to this method not too long ago and was completely blown away. Smile

:cheers:

Phil

Albert Einstein
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

And did you purchase the method or did you learn it from another performer?

Jack

H.O.A.X
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » More Advice For The Billet Student (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL