We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Materials that wear well (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
I am in the market for new pants. I've worked the kid show circuit for years and my cotton black "dress" pants have always served me well. A few new pairs each year and I'm ready to go. Well, I'm moving into the grown up/corporate world. I would like some pants that will not wear out easily, will not be overly warm but will look "classy." I have a 100% wool suit for the "big" gigs but for when a vest and shirt would be more appropriate, I need pants to go with them. I'm thinking a wool blend pants. Are some blends better then others? What ratio do you like and wool mixed with what? To get an idea of the look I want to continue just class up with better materials visit my site.
Edd
Fan of Pants
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
MatthewKing
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MatthewKing
When it comes to durability and wear wool will be your first choice, as natural fibers will last longer and wear better than synthetic. The other advantage is that wool will pull odor away from the body, while synthetics will actually absorb odors. If you are concerned about body heat, I suggest when you purchase your wools that you are purchasing more fine wool, anything over super 100's and 120's is what you are looking for. Also known as "all season" fabrics. The higher the thread count, the better.

There are some great alternatives though. If you would like to go for a high-tech fun look you could try a cotton spandex blend. You can usually machine-wash these, and they are still primarily natural. The downfall is that you don't find too many suit pants made of this except in lower end stores. So like I said, stick with wool, it's the classiest looking. I suggest that you steer away from black however, get a color analysis done by a color consultant, (such as myself), and choose colors more appropriate to who you are as a person and a performer.
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
My every day suits, pants etc are all wool. My tuxedo's & slacks for performing are all a poly/wool blend. Lasts longer & looks better when I go from one show to the next. After working a couple of hours in wool, the clothing needs a cleaning and pressing. With a blend, it looks good from one show to the next. Blends are always lower quality but do work well when the tux is used for multiple performances.

Even if it still looks good, you must clean on a regular basis to avoid odors.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2149 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
http://www.magellans.com/store/Clothing_for_Men___Pants
___Shorts?Args=&page_number=1

I don't remember the exact name, but my father bought a pair of pants from this site that he swears by. They're very light, drape nicely, and don't hold wrinkles. I believe they're some type of Microfiber, and have a number of hidden pockets. Hope this helps.

Kevin

Edit - http://www.magellans.com/store/Clothing_for_Men___Pants
___ShortsMP556?Args=
I believe these are them. They look nice, and could easily be worn with a jacket and tie.
Kevin Reylek
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I agree with Mercury52, the travel related clothing distributors (Magellan's and Travelsmith) have a fine product in their microfiber lines. A little pricey but they are meant to take abuse and come out looking great. I have several pair!

JMHO

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Materials that wear well (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL