The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Creator's Favorite? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
221 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
No. I'm not talking about God's favorite card tricks.

It's been asked over and over again "What's your favorite...?" This time let's ask, What's the magic creator's (or performer's) favorite effect (or move). This is what I have in mind, search through the books (or DVDs) you own and when you see the author state something along the lines of "This is my favorite...", "I'm most proud of...", or "This is the strongest..." etc...post it here.

I'll start.

Martin Gardner: When talking about the Wink Change he states "Of all the moves I have ever invented, this is the one of which I am most proud." pg 317 Martin Gardner Presents.

Darwin Ortiz: The Ultimate Cardshark "I have no hesitation in saying that this is the strongest gambling routine I have ever found." pg 73 Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table. He later confirms this in Scams and Fantasies when he states "That's still true today." pg 54 Scams and Fantasies.

Thanks for your participation.

Jake
S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
fredrux
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of fredrux
Al Baker: On page 9 in the book Magical Ways and Means he states
the following about the trick The Magician at Home:
"Given the necessary conditions, this is the most mysterious
and baffling effect I have ever presented."

Fredrik Jakobsson
LR2
View Profile
Regular user
Humble, Texas
116 Posts

Profile of LR2
Lennart Green: "I love lateral palm" In his Green Magic series.
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Larry Jennings has a lot, if I may believe Maxwell.

IMPOSSIBLE being one of them, as well as the Paicoma Solution (something like it)

In Cardwright he also has a trick called Larry's favorite but that's just because it's a trick based on another trick which was called *** (insert name)'s favorite.
Deal cards, not drugs!
Gary Kruse
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs
146 Posts

Profile of Gary Kruse
Gosh,

I think I would use all the hard drive space if I listed the effects that Harry Lorayne considers his favorite! Smile

Gary
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8554 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Hey GaryKruse: I'd love for you to list, say, seven effects where I said they were my "favorites." I just want to see if you know what the heck you're talking about? Of the top of my head, it'd seem as if you DON'T. HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
LOL, nice Harry!
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2958 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
HAH! You probably sent him on a week long search with that Harry. : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Just curious... how did the book "My Favorite Card Tricks" get its name?
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Oooohh...low blow Neo...but it does have me wonderin'.
:bikes: Smile Smile
:hypnodisk: KRaZy4kardz Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1685 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Oh snap! (oh yes I did.)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The personal favorite of my creations is the method for "Just IN Case" the reel-less ring flight--over 500 sold. For what I perform? Most fun, is my signature card in balloon.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2958 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
You should ask Ammar while he is here.

All the best,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Quote:
On 2006-04-25 17:47, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
You should ask Ammar while he is here.

All the best,

Nathan

True! True! Smile

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
425 Posts

Profile of boinko
Go get 'em, Harry!

I don't know what effects Harry considers his favorites, but I gotta admit, Harry's fast becoming one of my favorite performers. I dug out CUCM this weekend, and I'm always amazed at the stuff I re-discover. (Not to mention the memory stuff which has stuck with me for years and years.)

Plus, I appreciate Harry's spunk on the forums.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
My favorite move I have ever invented is one that is done in my SHELLfish routine., It's called a retention nest. And my favorite routine is a tie between Silver Dream and X-Marks The Spot.
Justin Miller
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
It's been asked over and over again "What's your favorite...?" This time let's ask, What's the magic creator's (or performer's) favorite effect (or move)". This is what I have in mind, search through the books (or DVDs) you own and when you see the author state something along the lines of "This is my favorite...", "I'm most proud of...", or "This is the strongest..." etc...post it here.

LOL.

There are some guys who let self-promotion get the best of them, so that everything they release is "their most powerful stuff that they've been holding onto for years," "all of the best routines," etc. Jay Sankey comes to mind as the most flagrant example. But I guess you can't blame him. He wouldn't sell too much product if he said "OK, this is mostly filler because I've lost my edge, and there are only two or three good effects on this DVD, but I want your thirty bucks just the same!"

As an aside, I will note that Harry Lorayne certainly does tout a lot of his best material as such, but he's also honest in sometimes saying stuff like "OK, maybe this isn't the strongest effect, but maybe some of you will like it." He also will highly recommend something that may not read like much, but when you actually do it it's very strong. When an experienced pro like Harry makes such a recommendation, it's smart to listen to the advice.

On the other hand, if Jay Sankey makes yet another "Best Of" or "Secret Vaults" DVD, I think I'll throw up.
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Quote:
On 2006-04-25 13:34, NeoMagic wrote:
Just curious... how did the book "My Favorite Card Tricks" get its name?

I guess Harry forgot about that one. Maybe he should take a memory course Smile

(just kidding, Harry!)
Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
221 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
Eric Mead: "If pressed to name a favorite, it might be "Gone Fishin."" Tangled Web xxv
S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Creator's Favorite? (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL