We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help with D'lites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
I just bought D'lites and they are a tad to big for me... what should I do?? and also any tips to give me for them or neat effects?
BondJames628
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
110 Posts

Profile of BondJames628
Boil some water, stick the bottom part of the TT into the water (not the light part). Then take it out, and mold it with your fingers, pressing it down as small as you think your thumb will fit in it. DO NOT put your finger in it. It does hurt. Trust me. Also, let it cool a little before you press and mold it. It needs to be warm, but not too hot. And for your second question, pretend to eat the lights and pull them from your eyes and ears. Just use your imagination, there are many things to do with them. PM me if you have any more questions. Hope this helps.

:subtrunk:
Beyond Impossible: www.freewebs.com/illoosionzmagic

"I close my eyes in order to see"
~Paul Gauguin
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Hmmm.. I have the same problem with mine being a little too big too. I'll have to try the water thing. Thanks BondJames628!

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
If you have an assistant you could each have a d'lite and play catch. For a small audience you could have your assistant point a laser pointer at a wall and you go over and grab the light off the wall, etc...
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Hey that is an awesome idea:D yha ot even a christmas light haha
BondJames628
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
110 Posts

Profile of BondJames628
No problem guys. You can also have your two D'lites, pull them out of your ears (kids like this), throw them and catch them. Put one in the opposite jacket sleeve, act as if you are making it slide down your sleeve, then light it up in the hand of the sleeve you used. Eat two and light them up as you move your hands down from your throat, and pull them out of your stomach. Pull them from your eyes. Pull one out of a little lite up bouncy ball. Pull one out of a flame or flash paper. There are unlimited possiblities. Use your imagination.
Beyond Impossible: www.freewebs.com/illoosionzmagic

"I close my eyes in order to see"
~Paul Gauguin
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
The imagination is not in what moves you do with them. The imagination and creativity comes in how you really routine and work them into an entertaining presentation that is not just of mere skill.

Too many magicians just do them like producing, vanishing and reappearing them over and over. There is not logic behind it, no character and after the second time, it becomes way to redundant for an audience.

Use your creativity to develop a routine that makes sense and that is fun for the audience you are performing them for. Think outside of the norm.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
I do a routine in bars where I pull the neon gas out of a neon sign. I have super energy fields in my hands and have the ability to manipulate gas through glass. (Can you see the puns and one liners built in there?)
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Nice idea Craig. Now you have given a reason and a purpose for the magic that you are doing and the audience can relate better to it. It adds something more for the audience to get excited about.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I think I read some where the new blue ones could be used under water but I'm not sure. Anyone else read this?

190 posts!
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Sounds great. I may have to look into that. I would love to hear some ideas people have for unique variations on routines they use or thought up for d'lites. What do you do that makes it interesting and fun and memorable for your audiences? What creativity have you come up with?

Kyle
Kyle Peron

fundillusionaire
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of fundillusionaire
What Mischief! I love my d'lites - Over the last three months they have taken me to Dance Floors and Music Festivals in search of low lit, high energy interaction. I enjoy relying on complicite and sponteneity to introduce the effect, perhaps intending to assist a random event goer when they ask "do you have a light?" or catching an admirers wink, performing secretly and mischievously around and about crowds collecting and confusing audiences on the journey. much funda..brilliant..!!
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
D'lite greens are at Murphy's.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I always have D’lites with me.

It seems to me that they are one of the few gimmicks that Do Not need a “reason and a purpose for the magic.” There is nothing wrong with building a story, but they seldom need it. Children will watch you as long as you keep moving them.

With the Red ones, all you need is a jumping off point. The scanning guns at most check out counters is a good starting point. I often say “there is some kind of red light in that thing” as the check out person starts to explain to me what it is, I pluck it out and put it in my pocket. I give no explanation, none is needed. Often they will ask me if I can do that again and try to get another check out person to watch. Sometimes I do it again, sometime I do not. Either way is good.

If a child walks by me in a restaurant with the lighted sneaks on, I do the same thing. I way (or may not) say can I see one of those. Mostly I wink at the parent as I put the light into my mouth and start a short routine. No big logical story is needed, kids do not always need that.

Any place a red light is sitting, is a good jumping off point.

I have the new Blue lights (they are sold 2 in a box). There are few blue light around for a starting of point, however they would be good for a self contained routine.

Bob
trevcmagicman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of trevcmagicman
I'll have to try that with mine too... I thought that boiling them would have screwed up some of the electronics in it (battery etc.).
The magic of Trevor Crandall and Luke Vlassis. The magic men of Nipomo, California.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Trevcmagicman:
There are really no big electronics involved. A battery, a switch, and a LED.

You may be better off using a hair dryer than hot water. If you do use water, pour the boiling water into a cup and then CAREFULLY put the open end into the water for a short time only.

Bob
trevcmagicman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of trevcmagicman
Thanks Wellington for the hair dryer tip. I might try that instead.
The magic of Trevor Crandall and Luke Vlassis. The magic men of Nipomo, California.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Some basic ideas.
You can use it as a regular TT for some effects.

It don't necessarily have to be on the thumb.

The glow will show thru a business card. Paddle move to show blank. Make the D'L blink and show the card printed.

Have a coin sleeved. Cup your hands and a glow appears. Drop hands, retrieve and show the coin.
yanyak5
View Profile
Regular user
Delaware
186 Posts

Profile of yanyak5
One of the one liners I love to use with the Dlites is:

Take the light and pretend to swallow it. Then say " MMMM That's a light(lite) snack!" The people love it...
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
For a mentalism idea, while walking in the parking lot, when it is dark outside, ask a few spectators to come with you. Walk towards their car, or a strangers car and tell them to pick a tail light on the vehicle, left or right. Have them concentrate with you, then cup your hands together and put them about 6 inches from the tail light. Make the dlite light up and it reflects in the tail light. Looks great and freaks people out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help with D'lites (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL