The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bugging me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
There are a few questions that have been lurking in the back of my mind for a while that I can't help wondering about anymore -

-When filming a street magic show does the magician hire a special crew that are aware of various slights and thus, the angles to obscure these, or does he/she have to divulge all their juicy little secrets to some crew?

-When performing for the same crowd for the second time, do you have a completely different set, is it the same, or do you add some and take some away?

-Is Richard Osterlind's act still as on the MM DVD? Does he perform eg. ODDS,steel blindfold routine etc.?

Just to fill in some gaps in my mind, thanks a lot. Tom.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2005-05-17 07:03, Tom DeVoe wrote:

-When filming a street magic show does the magician hire a special crew that are aware of various slights and thus, the angles to obscure these, or does he/she have to divulge all their juicy little secrets to some crew?

The crew are pro TV people . However there may also be members of the magic production team mixed in with them.

Quote:
-When performing for the same crowd for the second time, do you have a completely different set, is it the same, or do you add some and take some away?

The same set will be used over several different audiences, with the best performances/reactions edited in at the end.

Can't answer the last one.

Bobser (now a 'special user'...oooooooh!)
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Thanks for the reply bobser (ooooohh, lardy da!), but my second question was misinterpreted - I was asking all performers whether their stage show is changed around for second time audiences. Do you understand?
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
In the UK there is a company called objective productions that specialize in magic programmes so they know all about angles and are experienced enough to know all the effects being performed.

they will always sort angles before they film and even if something is noticed, it will be re done, cut or edited.

In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bugging me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL