The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tricks with a Canadian Twoonie? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2321 Posts

Profile of todsky
The Canadian $2 coin is a beautiful two tone affair, gold coloured middle surrounded by silver. It's not too hard to pop out the center piece. Some interesting possibilities with this coin, I wonder if anyone has done anything with this?
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Todsky,

Check with Peter Marucci (showtimecol@aol.com) from Canada. He has a "No Gimmick Scotch and Soda" effect that he published in the IBM's Linking Ring magazine several years ago that uses an American half dollar, a Mexican Centavo and a Canadian two-dollar "Twoonie" coin.

Peter is a great guy, contributes all the time to the magic community and can probably send the routine to you. You'll have fun with this one.
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
I just like to say "loonies and toonies." Most Americans don't believe the coins are really called "Loonies and Toonies"

Fun to type too!
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Roy Keuppers makes all sorts of gaffed Canuck coins. His work is very good and his prices are reasonable.

Cheers,

Tiki
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1908 Posts

Profile of iamslow
You can do Karate Coin with a toonie using your pinky finger....
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
mikep
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
327 Posts

Profile of mikep
Yes Roy Kueppers is very good, I get all my stuff from him. it is http://www.roykueppers.com
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2321 Posts

Profile of todsky
Ah, just checked out Roy Kueper's web site, he is indeed the source for loonie and twoonie gaffs. Thanks everybody!
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Roy Kueppers is one of the best. Creates both Canadian and American coins and some euro's. His work is excellent. Instead of cig or pen thru coin try a finger thru a Tooney. Awesome reactions.
Jeff K
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
199 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Hey just a thought, but perhaps a neat effect or stunt for guys here in Canada. You borrow a twoonie and explain that you've found a way to easily remove the centre. With a simple sqeeze, it separates, to be magically healed a few moments later. A simple method may prove to be quite magical. Stronger with a borrowed coin of course. Follow that with Roy's method for changing a borrowed loonie into a different metal, and your all set. Coins bow to your will.

B.
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
I just got a good idea. You'll need to know "Circular Spell" (version of Spellbound) which you can find in the early volumes of Apocalypse or in Palms of Steel by Curtis Kam. This move is by Jonathan Townsend and is an AWESOME variation of spellbound. Heres the effect: Take a Twoonie at the fingertips in spellbound position, do the "Circular Spell" (with twoonie with no middle) and it looks like you rub and pluck the midddle of the coin out. Then you say you will put it back in, and do the "Circular Spell" again. Strong and easy.

Ben
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
199 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Hey! Good thinking Ben. Smile
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
I have a Mexican two dollar coin that looks the same, silver outer ring with a "gold" center. The difference is it is the size of an American quarter. I use it with a Twoonie for both a Scotch and Soda (complements Mr. Marucci) and a spellbound effect.

Peter is very open with his stuff and will respond to an e-mail. Don't use the PM as he no longer frequents the Café like he used to. This is to the Café's detriment, but life goes on.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tricks with a Canadian Twoonie? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL