The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Spirit Tube Tie: by Norm Bigelow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
When I first saw this manuscript I thought "hmmm, this must have been one of Norms off days".

Then I put it down and read something else. Although as I started doing these reviews I decided to go back and re-read it.

After the first page I began to think that this may have been a mistake, but carried on reading it any way. By the end I wondered why I hadn't read it sooner.

The STT utilises a very old principle in magic, yet the routine that is produced is a beautiful little gem. Don't be put off by the simplicity of the method, because it's within this simplicity that makes it so good.

The basic premise is a rope is tied around the neck. A tube is then placed over the ends of the ropes that hang down and this is then fastened tight around the wrists by a spectator. The tube obviously preventing the hands from reaching the knots that secure the neck. Yet, the performer can escape in an instant in FULL VIEW!!!

Now I haven't tried this in a show... yet. But I do plan to in the future.

Even if this isn't the type of thing you will use yourself, it does show the student that what may seem old and over used can be revamped and made into a fresh routine again.

This little number is perfect for anyone who is interested in rope escapes, or even rope magic. It would possibly make a great ending to a rope routine.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I had a chance to see Tom Carrier (Thomas Blacke) president of Escape Masters perform this three times and it was cool to watch!
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Spirit Tube Tie: by Norm Bigelow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL