The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Animals & NLP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
Gentlemen, Ladies ...

I don't know how many of you are familiar with NLP in this room. In short it's a branch of applied psychology some mentalists believe to play some role in the performances of magicians such as Derren Brown.

If any of you are familiar with NLPs famous 'eye accessing cues' (the method of telling what modes the subject is thinking in from observing the direction her eyes look in) I'd be interested to know which livestock are good for this technique.

I'm considering introducing a goose into my stage act. A goose and cards don't often go well together, but I'm persistent in learning how to read my goose's mind, so to speak. I'm not willing to fork out on a dolphin just yet.

Is it possible to practice eye-accessing cues on a goose? If not which animals are best. My purse could stretch for a badger.

PS. This isn't a joke, I'm quite serious.

Pasq.
Sparrow in a barrow.
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
It's about time someone actually asked an intelligent question about NLP. When I trained in NLP about 15 years ago there were only 4 training organizations in London and courses were packed. Curiously we found that people accessed in variety of patterns and sequences especially staring straight ahead or up right to construct an abstraction of the question before very briefly accessing a memory up left and checking what they would tell you down left. In short it was very varied and not very reliable for proving a point. Unless they had done a lot of training when they started to do what it says on the chart.
Now there are over 250,000 NLP training organizations in the U.K. and it is much harder to actually fill up a classroom. In outlying areas it is common to make up numbers by introducing livestock. The point is not that sheep make excellent demonstration subjects, although they do. It is more that there are now a large number of these animals that have already been trained in eye accessing and hypnosis and make excellent subjects without the need to train them or worrying that you may have to suddenly change your patter due to some "real" experience they may be having.
Hope this helps.
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
As I've told you before Roki, you're a crazy old dog.
Thanks. P.
Sparrow in a barrow.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My wife Lucy uses geese in her stage shows. Currently she has four new ducks in training. She thinks geese are smarter than ducks. The drawback is that geese get very aggressive toward anyone getting very near the magician.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
Thank you Bob. I can cope with Goose aggression, but I'll make sure to sell my ducks. P.
Sparrow in a barrow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Animals & NLP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL