The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Strange Secrets Complete Set Available Again! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BJ Mallen
View Profile
New user
Colon, MI
37 Posts

Profile of BJ Mallen
Abbott's Magic is proud to announce the availability once again of the Complete Strange Secrets, Volumes 1 and 2 and the Addenda!

These books contain a vast array of all the strange, bizzare, and unusual in the magic world. From sword swallowing, and chewing molten lead, to cold reading and billet switches. Volumes one and two retail for $15 each, if you buy both it is only $25 and the Addenda is thrown in. Separately it will run you $7.50. For those non math majors this is a savings of $12.50! What a Deal!

Buy these today, and be horrifying your mother tonight!

BJ Mallen
Abbott's Magic Company
1-800-92-MAGIC order line
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Strange Secrets has some great information in it. Everyone in this area of the Café should have a these books. There are a couple of problems with the books, such as it was typeset IN ALL CAPS AND AFTER A WHILE THIS GETS HARD TO READ. Thrilling Magic is in this set and it has some nice ideas in it, though there are some information in there that is just plain wrong. Regardless of this, Strange Secrets is worth owning.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
I just unearthed my copies after a prompt from the bizarre thread. I got these a few years ago while digging through a box of other near-forgotten publications at Abbot's table in the Columbus MagiFest dealer room. My edition is also "magazine style" w/ paper covers, flimsy pages, and staple binding. Fortunately, this doesn't effect the wealth of material contained within!

Chris
rkrahlmann
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of rkrahlmann
These really are great books. And when was the last time you considered an act of the lost art of sand-painting? If you want to be the first on your block, the lessons are in there, along with tons of other stuff. They are hard to read, but at $25 they are one of the best buys around.
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi how can I get my hands on this book.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Slim's notes are better, and cheaper! <G>
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Slim, maybe I missed the answer to this somewhere else, but are your notes complied and available somewhere? Or are we talking about the notes you've been generous enough to send to individuals asking for information?

Quote:
On 2005-05-23 20:00, Stephon wrote:
are your notes complied and available somewhere?
That was, of course, supposed to be "compiled".
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
rkrahlmann
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of rkrahlmann
I would like to take a moment to give major props to Slim. It was two years ago that I had the honor of visiting him in person. He and Krista not only shared their home, but a wealth of information and stories. No heart is bigger, no spirit more generous than Slim's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Strange Secrets Complete Set Available Again! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL