The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Hopping Half Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I noticed a discussion going on elsewhere about the Hopping Half. I realized that I hadn’t seen any Gospel routines for it, so I thought I would share my concept.

First, I talk about God’s Grace and Mercy and His giving us what we don’t deserve, while not giving us what we do deserve.. Mostly this is just to get started on God talk. And it isn’t always necessary.

Then I talk about His faithfulness and in Providing everything we need.

I show the Copper and Silver and say; "For example, If I need a copper and a silver coin to do God’s Work and if I use the copper coin for His Glory..." (I put away the first copper coin) - or I may actually leave it out in view to further convince skeptics.

Then I ask; "If I have honored God, and done his will, but have more to do that takes a copper and a silver coin, what would I have now?" etc, etc, right up to the last copper coin removed from the silver and copper I show, and I propose that I have not honored God with this last expenditure - or maybe I have simply completed the work He had for me that took a copper and a Silver coin.

And I ask; "If that was the case - what would God then need to supply?" And I show my hand empty.... I also talk about God’s giving and make sure that I don’t equate a money gift to someone as having to come back as a financial blessing. And the whole thing plays well to presenting an understanding Blessing and that although I am illustrating some principals about God, the truth is that God is Sovereign and we can’t trick, or demand, bully or negotiate for His Blessings.

We have to be content with What He gives, even if sometimes it seems like Nothing! His gift may be to teach us patience, or how to be content with less.

Anyway, that is sort of how it goes. Guess I need to pay more attention next time Smile But you get the idea.

Bro David

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Very nice!
NickW
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
66 Posts

Profile of NickW
Dear David,

Having just acquired a Hopping Half set (UK version), I was looking for a routine to work up with it. You've just given me one to start with! I'll let you know where it ends up.

Thanks.
johncrosby
View Profile
New user
Oviedo, FL
67 Posts

Profile of johncrosby
David,

This is Great, I can't wait until my skills with coins will allow me to use this.

John Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Thanks to all of you for your kind comments.

I am now encouraged all the more to finally write this out, along with a few variations that I found myself doing.

I am working on something for the Self Folding Dollar that feels like it might play pretty well. And I also have started on Gospel routines for Double X, and Scotch and Soda.

Those are all the gimmicked coins I have - and since my sleight of hand skill is just that - very slight, I do mostly gimmicked coins. - Whoops - just remembered the folding coin - got one for that too.

I think I will just start a new thread on gimmicked coins and gospel routines. I am sure that there must already be some great ones out there.

Thanks again for the encouragement guys!

BodDavid
johncrosby
View Profile
New user
Oviedo, FL
67 Posts

Profile of johncrosby
David,

Let me know when you start your thread on gimmicked coins, I would love to read it.

John Smile
whudson
View Profile
New user
Kernersville, NC
4 Posts

Profile of whudson
With the Hopping halves, I've always used tithing as my routine. (give and it shall be given) of course in the end, I demonstrate what happens if you DON'T tithe.

It's the first routine I came up with since I WAS operating with money to begin with.
mjmoretz
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of mjmoretz
I love the idea of tithing. Bro David's patter is creative, too. I especially like what is done with Nothing!
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Bro David I love the Hopping Half routine idea, thanks for sharing it with us.

I think coming up with proper routines/patter
is the hardest part of gospel magic for me,
along with walking and kicking myself into practicing it all. (Hmmm, guess that just about covers it all)

I know that the best way to get inspiration
for tricks is to read and study the Bible.
But, for me, being rather non-creative at times, hearing other people's ideas, is truly a God send. Please do start those new threads.

Thanks again
Steve
zzz

P.S. Hey guys, watch MJMORETZ I think he's a preacher. "I love the idea of tithing."
P.P.S. Just kidding (PS above)
me
z
curtnelson
View Profile
Regular user
I found Waldo hiding behind one of my
121 Posts

Profile of curtnelson
It seems like this could also be a great routine when applied to storing up treasures in heaven. Maybe a Matt 6:19-20 application?
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
Check out Sept/Oct issue of the Christian Conjurer page 22. There is a routine using the Hopping Half based on John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me:" by Michael "Dr.C" Commini.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I thought of these verses when I read this great presentation idea for the Hopping Half by Bro David:

Phil 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
Phil 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Hopping Half Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL