We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Calling all pitchmen! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I was at Jimmy Dixon's house a while back and there are a LOTTA mice there!

Steve
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hehehehe..Steve,your post sounds very funny if one didn't know the topic.

Don
genemccarthy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of genemccarthy
I'll tell you, Don, you've got more stamnia than I. I love the people, like Bobby Reynolds, Dr. Mays, and I love the stories But I have picked cotton with was back braking. But the hardest I ever worked was pitching Svengali Decks. The Fox pitch deck.

I believe you covered it when you said,"I love doing it."

That's the dif.
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Can you tell us the better supplier for the pitchmen ?
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Walid,
I'm not sure what it is your asking here.If your looking for wholesle decks my DVD has all that infomation.If you want to learn the pitch there are several DVD's on that subject at http://www.magicpitch.com as well as my DVD.

Later,Don
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2006-10-31 12:51, Stevethomas wrote:
I was at Jimmy Dixon's house a while back and there are a LOTTA mice there!

Steve

Does that mean that the mice and worm pitches are not that good? I saw a guy
on Ebay selling worm pitches.

My real question though, with all the publicity with Blain and Angel, do you guys
ever use their names to get the crowd. Sorry, I'm not up on the terminology yet,
and yes I will be ordering those DVDs as I can't find any info any where on this
stuff.

Also, is there a way I can get an instant download?

later Smile
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
The worm pitch is very good. I got one every time I saw one as a kid. I wouldn't incorporate Blaine or Angel into a pitch, no need.
Steve V
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Steve V is right on (as he always is) No need to speak of Blaine or Angel when doing any pitch.

Sorry solrak29.No instand download.You'll have to order a hard copy from http://www.magicpitch.com.

Later,Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
As we all learned from Don and/or from the School of Hard Knocks, the basic premise in a pitch is that the spectators/buyers will be able to do the exact same amazing trick as you, once they buy and learn the secret.

The trick should be amazing (which a Svengali Deck certainly can be), but if they think the trick is too hard to do, they won't buy it and then you have a problem!

So it's a whole different situation than a magic show, even though you are still doing a magic trick. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I have just released my "Pompom Critters" pitch act in The Wizards' Journal #13. It starts like a Wonder Mouse on steroids, but the Critters can break free of the string and scamper over the perfomer's body with impunity, to the delight of the audience. While still a good street or pitch item, the Critters can also be brought indoors to kids party shows and even used on stage.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hi Spellbinder,

Just what is a "Pompom Critters" that's a new one on me.

Don
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
They look like this:

The routine starts off like a Wonder Mouse routine, but then it gets wild as the Critter climbs up one sleeve and out the other one, crawls around in your trousers, peeks out of your pockets and so on. More trouble than Tribbles.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
492 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
I recently raised the price of my decks by $5. Now I offer the stripper deck and book for $30 and the Mental Photography Deck for $25. Sales have not slowed down.

My father taught me an important lesson early in my retail career (I owned Magic Shops and Specialty Toy Stores). It's not my job to determine what the market will bear. . . . that's their job. When sales go down, as a result of a price hike, that tells you something too.

I have taken my act out of my act and I'm as close to a pitchman as I've ever been.

I've been pitching decks since I was a kid, hell my formative years were behind the counter and in the back room of Haines House of Cards.

I still love it after all these years. My 12 year run in the Magic Shop Business helped fine tune a pitch that makes them want to buy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Calling all pitchmen! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL