The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » SpongeBob sponge balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Is anyone using this theme yet?

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Where can one find them or are people making their own?
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
My friend had this idea too. Every time I hear "SpongeBob" I think "Sponge Ball" so it's an easy association. I haven't found anyone making 'em. You could take a REAL sponge and... maybe not
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
Funny ya mention it...

I was cruising my favorite dollar store and had just bought some Swedish fish candy to
'sleight-transpose' for the six cent celluloid fortune telling fish. Wandered through the auto aisle and found a nice sheet of 1/8" thin yellow sponge material folded into thirds with the sides stitched and a cotton web strap sewn onto the back as a handle. It was advertised as a car wash sponge. A few minutes work with scissors to cut out some small rectangles, and some sharpie drawing of eyeballs, nose, mouth, and 'tightie-whities' above the brown shorts and there you go. No arms or legs, but hey, it's a simple effect, right? Handles like the yellow foam bunnies from Adams. A good story line might be from the episode where Squidwart went into the future and ran into SB clones. Or just plain tormenting Squidwart with all the little SB's-maybe start with some very tiny rectangles as
'seeds' to grow the SB's? Hey, not bad for a buck!
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
The only problem is, that it would have to be a "One-Sponge-Routine". There is only ONE SpongeBob. All the other characters are other creatures. I suppose you could TRY to get away with making models of the other characters out of sponge. Smile

Unless you patter about the episode where Squidward goes into the future and EVERYONE looks like SpongeBob. Smile
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Great Concept! A pair of scissors, yellow Goshman sponge balls, magic markers, and presto! SpongeBob Square Pants.

But be prepaired for that adult question...Who is Sponge Bob Square Pants?
Dennis Michael
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Who says you can't have more than one Spongebob in the routine? You can clone them!
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
But will the clones stand up to DNA testing?

Sid Smile Smile
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Maybe, but you might have to perform a switch as they are tested. Smile
pyro
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of pyro
I tried making a face on my sponge but the solvent in the marker started eating the sponge ball away. Smile
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Try stickers. That might work
rkrahlmann
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of rkrahlmann
Try ink or water based paints.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Just a variation on the title for the adults (well, the ones who know who he is anyway!)

You could do a standard spongeball routine (ie red sponge balls) but introduce it as "Spongebob's sponge balls"

Sorry, it just seemed OK at the time!...
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
There are other "squishy" things in Bikini Bottom besides Spongebob that would probably be OK as a sponge. For example, Spongebob is always going jellyfish hunting. I'm not sure how you could get something to look like a jellyfish, though...

Considering the amount of Spongebob merchandise I have seen recently, I'm a little surprised there isn't some kind of Spongebob bath toy out there. Has anyone seen anything like this?

-bigwolf {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
I go to magic camp every year and had a friend there who had some really good ideas with spongeballs. One of the ideas was about Spongebob and he had a hole in the spongeball so he could turn it inside out and make it look like a ball.
~Magic-Al~
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
He could produce a final load of sorts.......

Mispronounce "sponge balls" as "Sponge Bob" throughout the routine, then in the end, say that you can never remember which is which; and there is Sponge Bob, in your spectator's closed fist.

Jakks
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
There was an episode of Sponge Bob in which a "doodle" drawn by Sponge Bob came to life -- a crudely drawn black and white evil version of Sponge Bob. There is a possibility for a routine here; you could even use the pencil as a wand. And the doodle was dispatched by Sponge Bob "erasing" it.

There are likely other possibilities related directly to plots in the show -- but you have to watch the show.

0pus
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
At all the kid shows I have done so far, all I do is show the yellow sponge balls and ask the kids "Do you know who these are?" They respond no. I tell them "These are Spongebob Squarepants cousins! Spongebob No Pants!" iT ALWAYS GETS A LAUGH FROM THE KIDS!

S. Patrick
Smile
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
In one episode I saw a couple days ago there was one line that SpongeBob said, "I can reproduce by budding!"

Then all these little Spongbobs started growing out of him!

It was like a 15 second clip of that but with some patter. It'd work!

Chris
flowJuggler
View Profile
New user
East Coast USA
71 Posts

Profile of flowJuggler
Here is what I do, or rather, what I would do if I were not concerned with copyright infringement.

Find little plush sponge bobs. There is something offered at Target Stores that is called "Sponge Bob SquarePants BOW TIES". They are 1 inch by 1 inch plush thingies that are supposed to attach to your shoe laces...I don't know...kids these days.

Anyways, cut the seam at the bottom and take out all the fiber filling. Then take a spong ball and put it inside...this is so that the sponge bob still has a 3D shape, but compresses smaller. What I do then, or rather would do, is stuff it inside one of them Circle-to-cube do-hickeys.

Figure out some way to get an extra ball in a volunteers hand and have them watch you do this simple demonstration. Take the Cube/ball/loaded and put on top of your fist and push it in, doing the cube-black ball maneuver, but instead of the black ball, you have now loaded the sponge bob.

One hand has a sponge box, the other hand has a sponge bob, and the volunteers hand has the sponge ball.

That is how I would incorporate Sponge Bob into my sponge ball routine. Incidently, I don't.

Routine it as you will and have fun!

-P
Ãœber goodest signature ever.
VarietyArtsBlog.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » SpongeBob sponge balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL