The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » psychic touch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mattstark
View Profile
New user
Matt
9 Posts

Profile of mattstark
please help, while surfing the net recently I saw a product on a site, well a manual to be exact. That details how to do a trick, where you get two spectators onto the stage and put one on either end of the stage, when you tap one spectator on the shoulder, the other spectator can feel it...

I think it was called grandpa's touch and is a yellow book but I cannot locate it for the life of me, have any of you guys seen anything like this about?
"your mind becomes my stage . . . your thoughts become my props"
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
hi mattstark:
The effect you mentioned is from BANACHEK and the booklet is named "Psychokinetic Touches"!

Any questions? feel free to ask

TED LESLEY
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
Just a few questions on this trick:

1) Is impromtu? does it use a gimmnick?

2) Is it angle-proof?

3) Does it require a great deal of showmanship?

4) Do you need to have prior knowledge of hypnosis?
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
1. Yes. No.
2. Pretty well.
3. Any good mentalism does.
4. None.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
The catch here is to NOT look at PK Touches as a "trick"... it is a "Miracle" when staged and presented properly. I've had it for about a year now and use it frequently at impromptu levels and have recently added it to my Xmas season shows as a follow-up to the Muse Box.

I have had people jump and even "run" in an attempt to avoid me after the encounter.

About a month ago I got to watch BANACHEK do this live for a group that was "in the know" and the subtle additions, etc. he's placed into the routine make it even more priceless... one of those bits that should never have gone out to the commercial market and retained within the quieter circles Smile
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I teach IT skills, as well as confidence programs to ex-drug users. I tried it the other week. Got two people up. Did the routine asked if he felt anything. He said no. Someone across the room said yes! Now that's weird.. Smile
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
376 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Banachek's Psychokinetic Touches is a beautiful routine. *Personally* the 'ghost story' described in the manuscript doesn't appeal to me but there are other ways to present PK Touches (as Steve Cohen demonstrates quite nicely in his show)

PK Touches is available through Magical Inspirations via Banachek's site http://www.banachek.org/

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
A l a i n B e ll o n
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of A l a i n B e ll o n
Shrink,

Wow. Yes and it is those moments that you've got to love as a mentalist.
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1235 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Shrink.. SOMETHING JUST TAPPED ME TWICE ON THE SHOULDER!
Gardinski
View Profile
New user
UK
66 Posts

Profile of Gardinski
PK Touches is a truly remarkable piece of thinking, and one of the handful of effects that you can do utterly impromptu. I tend to use it in tandem with a Derrenesque 'tapping the back of the hand' routine using Mesika's loops, as the two flow beautifully & logically into each other.

When performing these effects, it's fascinating to listen as people try to rationalise what they have just experienced. I've had hardened skeptics utterly baffled and willing to completely rethink their worldview - I'm thinking in particular of a couple I performed it for a week or two ago (one a mathematician, the other a philosophy graduate, both highly intelligent, rational and skeptical by nature). The mathematician finally decided that the only way she could explain what she had 'felt' was that I am somehow able to 'project' static electricity at will. The philosophy grad found this explanation harder to swallow, and decided that I had simply put them both into a hypnotic state by means of some fiendish rapid induction technique...

Wonderful stuff. You owe it to yourself to check it out asap.

Tony G.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Gardinski:

Mesika's Loops sounds really interesting can you tell me a bit more about this effect? Where it can be purchased etc. I saw Marc Salem do something similar a few months back. I think I have an idea how he did it. The audience loved it. And if its similar they did flow well together!
Gardinski
View Profile
New user
UK
66 Posts

Profile of Gardinski
Hi Shrink,

Loops can be picked from various UK magic dealers. International Magic stock them at (I think) £8 for a packet of 5. Alakazam & JBs also have them, I believe. They have a tendency to break VERY easily at first, until you get used to handling them, but I'm prepared to forgive them their trespasses, as they enable you to do lots of wonderful little things like spinning forks around and making pencils dance... OK, so dancing pencils are not strictly 'mentalism', but you can credit anything to 'the power of the mind' if you can summon up the chutzpah!

You can wear them on your wrists all night long, ready to be called into action at a moment's notice.

I'll PM you with an extended message detailing the intricacies of the 'tapping the back of the hand' thingy.

Cheers,
Tony G.

---------
Quote:
On 2002-11-12 20:06, shrink wrote:
Gardinski:

Mesika's Loops sounds really interesting can you tell me a bit more about this effect? Where it can be purchased etc.
DonMarco
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of DonMarco
Drew...

Believe it or not, nobody touched you on the shoulder...I actually touched ALLTHUMBS and nobody else...isn't that weird?
"Imagination is the Only Reality"-- Marquis de Sade
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
376 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
I'm calling the police.

;)

All the best,

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
Hi,

Could someone describe the tapping on the back of the hand effect. I have used loops for years but have not come across this application. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,
Stan
PK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of PK
Wasn't this aura tap done in the Philippines? If I recall, they would tap a persons forehead.

They used a horse as a gimmick (this will mean something to those who know the method I'm refering to).

Kevin
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1908 Posts

Profile of Lior
Hello all
Tapping the back of the hand' routine was invented by me many years ago. (around 1986-1987)
Part of it can be found in the Mesika book for the loops.
I did it on Israeli TV on 1993 and use it in all my shows.
It can be done for 2 to 2500 people
I am happy to see that many people does it
with out buying the book or asking permission to use it on TV

Good luck

Lior
Talk To The Screen. The best effect for professionals
http://www.theliortouch.com
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Gardinski
View Profile
New user
UK
66 Posts

Profile of Gardinski
Hello Lior,

Thanks for clarifying the situation. Having not read the Mesika book, I had no idea that you were the originator of this excellent routine.

I first saw Derren do it on one of his Mind Control shows about 18 months ago, and automatically assumed it was 'his' effect. Then, upon discovering loops the method became obvious to me, and it is by far my favourite application of these cunning little objects.

I will make a point of crediting you with the original concept in any future discussions.

Many thanks once again for a wonderful effect.

Sincerely,
Tony G.

---------
NelsonMon
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of NelsonMon
Are all these effects based on the same effects Banachek uses or are they all different?
tom_d2
View Profile
New user
london
3 Posts

Profile of tom_d2
Aren't the loops the IT? Well, how could they do the hand trick then?

Sorry, dumb question, but I never heard of that trick? What is it then? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » psychic touch (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL