The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rubber Chicken Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
I am looking for some ideas to do a little bit of magic or just a bit of funny business with my rubber chicken.
In my birthday show I use a balloon box to produce a rabbit. Initially I have the rubber chicken in the box just as a logical reason to have a cage without rising suspicions or expectations of a rabbit.
I have a little bit of fun with the chicken by trying to set him free to fly away. Kids always find it funny when it falls to the ground after they have all been flapping their own wings so vigorously.
What I would like to do is a little bit of magic with the rubber chicken. Or maybe just a bit of funny business that ties into the production of the rabbit. Does anyone have any ideas?

Click here to view attached image.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I've made a collection of Chicken jokes and potential patter for the Rubber Chicken:

• I just had a funny thought. A chicken is the only animal you can eat before it's born and after it's dead.
  • About rubber chicken: This is illegal. (ill eagle)
  • Show rubber chicken: This is Big Bird's cousin, Dirty Bird.
  • To rubber chicken: Get dressed.
  • After rubber bird falls on stage: Watch out for a bird dropping.
  • And now, here's the production of the Chinese Snow Duck. (Produce rubber chicken.) That's no duck (snowduck).
  • Chickens play in bands because they have their own drumsticks.
  • I used to be a chicken plucker. The pay was low, but I've met a lot of groovy chicks.
  • Have feathers hidden in hand. I've got a tickle in my throat...Cough...Cough...(Feathers Fly) Look at the Rubber Chicken. (Sight-Gag)
  • Magic Words: Chapped Chicken Lips
  • Q: What do you call the chicken that crossed the road? A: Poultry in motion!
  • Q: Why did the chicken cross the information superhighway? A: To get to the other site!
  • Q: How can you be sure the eggs you buy don't have baby chickens in them? A: Buy duck eggs.
  • Q: What do you get if you cross a chicken with a cement mixer? A: A brick layer!
  • Q: What kind of eggs does a wicked chicken lay? A: Deviled eggs.
  • Q: What's a chicken's favourite cake? A: A layer cake.
  • Q: What do you call a chicken who crosses the road, rolls in the mud and crosses back? A: A dirty double crosser.
  • Q: What do you call a dance that a chicken goes to? A: A Foul Ball.
  • Q: Why did the chicken cross the basketball court to talk with the ref? A: Because he was calling all fowls.
  • Q: Why did the chicken cross the basketball court? A: He heard they were shooting fouls.
  • Q: Why did the chicken go to the middle of the road? A: To lay it on the line.
  • Q: Why did the chicken cross half the road? A: Because she wanted to lay it on the line.
  • Q: Why did the chicken sit on the ax? A: Because he wanted a hatchet.
  • Q: Why did the one eyed chicken cross the road? A: To get to the Birds Eye Factory.
  • Q: Why did the porcupine cross the road? A: He was stuck to the chicken.
  • Q: Why did the punk rocker cross the road? A: He was stapled to a chicken.
  • Q: Why is a chicken on a fence like a coin? A: Heads on one side tails on the other.
  • Q: Did you hear the joke about the chicken? A: It's foul.
  • Q: Why does the Easter bunny hide his eggs? A: He doesn't want anyone to know he's having an affair with a chicken.

Hope they are useful!
Dennis Michael
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Using a Sharpie or Magic Marker, draw tire treads on one side of your rubber chicken; produce it, however you want, and show the unmarked side:
"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
Then turn the chicken around, showing the tire tread:
"Well, not all of them actually made it!"

For more ideas and lines, you may want to check out my Showtime column in the Linking Ring of December, 1995.
In that column, I have the results of The Great Rubber Chicken Contest -- various ways of using a rubber chicken and gags to match.

(^rubber chicken in bat suit!)
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Thanks Dennis for those jokes. I like the line about watching out for bird the dropping. That will fit into my routine really well. Smile
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
Tom Ogden, I think, had a sword swallowing chicken and I am NOT suggesting you copy that idea (you'd probably be number 5,001 to do so) but the reminder might start you thinking of other tricks not usually associated with Chookus Goodyear.
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Perhaps, you could load something in the chicken's mouth or vanish something in the chicken's mouth. I'm sure a TP would fit inside for the vanish of a silk. Perhpas the colour of the silk may lend itself to a joke or two.

A mouth coil may vit inside also. Upon production, say, "Looks like you had a fruit salad for lunch."

cheers,

John

ps. I believe there is a book on the market about rubber chickens.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
How about pulling out a rubber chicken with a battery in its mouth (a C battery should be about the right size).
Look at it for a moment and comment: "Hmmm; must be a battery hen."

I can do this all day, until you like it!
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

I also have a CO2 hand computer keyboard sprayer/clearner (dust) With it I make my rubber chicken blow up a balloon. (3 max)
Dennis Michael
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Or you could have the chicken covered in little red dots (use a Sharpie marker) and say it can't do magic today, it's got "people pox."

(I warned you!)
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Bite into the rubber chicken, shake it like a dog, then say. "Tastes like Chicken."
Dennis Michael
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
A cell phone rings during your act.
You try to ignore it but it keeps ringing.
Finally you reach into your case and pull out a rubber chicken -- that is ringing!
You hold it to your ear, like a phone.
"Hello," you say, "No . . . no . . . no."
Toss the chicken back in the case, saying:
"Sorry, wrong chicken."
I don't know why, but this breaks up a room!
Smile
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
You guys are awesome! There is some GREAT stuff in this combined posting. Thank you all! Bob
magic@rushmore.com
Smile
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Put a "travel-size" can of shaving cream inside the rubber chicken. Produce the chicken and hit the button. If the shaving cream hits you, it's even funnier!

Great sight-gag! Well...doves do it so why can't the chicken!
Dennis Michael
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
I always thought a 'reversible' chicken, where you can turn it into something else, would be cool. Without going into details, the principle is well known and you could possibly do something in the workshop at home.

Of course, you could put a noise maker in it, say "have you seen the latest budget version of the bagpipe?" put the chicken's head in your mouth,the body under the armpit etc. and start 'playing'...

When people start complaining about the noise, say "Trust me, it's an improvement."
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
When you put the rubber chicken away. Place it into a Kentucky Fried Chicken box. Pause, and say, lunch...

Also, try changing your rubber chicken into a dove or parrot. Or perhaps you tried to produce a dove and get only the rubber chicken. "Oh no! My Dove!"

Smile
Daniel Faith
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
I always introduce my chicken as Chuck the magic chicken, then when I give him to the helper to hold I can then use the line, "remember chuck the magic chicken is his name, not an instruction."
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
If you are doing anything with a rubber chicken, be sure to get the right kind!

The three-toed chicken is vastly superior to the two-toed chicken because it has -- uh, well, one more toe!

Smile

(I warned you, 'way back there, that I was going to keep doing this until you liked it! Smile )
Bilwonder
View Profile
Veteran user
Oroville CA
327 Posts

Profile of Bilwonder
I love all the lines and ideas. I've had a lot of fun with rubber chickens! For my birthday show I have the BD kid try to produce a bird from the magic hat...they get the rubber chicken..and I do some of the visual gags mentioned... It doesn't fly..but maybe we can do another trick with it..I have the kid load it into a "magic cannon" and it will fly across the room back into the hat...of course it fails..Snakes fly out of the can...and the chicken appears on the kids back! This is revealed as we both desperately try to get the snakes back in the can.

I've also used the chicken in my verson of Hospitality...After I've poured the drinks and everyone has attested to there quality..I tear open the carton to reveal the maker of the fine drinks!

There was a marketed effect with the chicken laying a plastic egg with the selected card, but I haven't used that.

Of course you could do a whole act with your "chicken" assistant. Cut and restore, zig zag, levitate, and all the horrible things magicians do to assistants!
billswondershow.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Now you guys make me want to buy one!!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The book/ebook "Chicken Scratches" has outstanding information within. http://www.lulu.com/shop/floyd-collins/c......169.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rubber Chicken Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL