The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rubber Chicken Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ageo
View Profile
New user
Bogota, Colombia
69 Posts

Profile of ageo
Any of you know where to find rubber turkeys?
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Anyone kniw where to find rubber chickens that are soft so you can roll them up. all the current ones are rather stiff...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
I'd love to do a zig zag routine with my rubber chicken...like rocky racoon zig zag. The issue is that the chickens you commonly find on the market are stiff like Randy mentions. They won't compress like Rocky so as to fit it into the zig-zag.

Any thoughts on how to make this happen?
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of noland
Maybe you could just pretend to twist the head off. The anatomy of a rubber chicken does lend itself to that (you fold the head back at the neck). Then you don't have to buy a zig zag.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2126 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
The one's I get from Daytona magic are always soft enough to roll / crumple up. I use the chicken as a magic wand, saying I cant afford a wand, so it's the magic chicken. And when I do the magic I wave the bird saying "magic chicken--magic chicken" that alone gets laughs, and when things go wrong, the bird gets the blame "You stupido magic chicken!!"
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2414 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have a very large square circle production prop. I begin by showing the kids about 20 animal picture cards and have one selected. (I force a pic. Of a fish) then go to the S/C routine, I first pull out a silk with fish and act like its a bummer and toss it behind me, then I look in the tube and then look up to the kids with a shocked look. And say, who here has ever seen a chicken fish. And amazingly, some kids raise their hands and say they have. I then pull out a rubber chicken and hold it in such a way, making it look as if it is swimming. Everyone cracks up. Then I toss it behind me and proceed to produce a live goldfish . Of course showing the tube empty each time.
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of noland
Since this thread is expanding into rubber chicken gags, here are two more: (1) hold the chicken with both hands, and use the upper hand to make him bend into 2, like he's taking a bow (this is done at the end of a trick); (2)hold the chicken's body with one hand and position the 2nd hand so one of chicken's legs is pinched between the thumb and first finger of the 2nd hand--then have chicken "wave" at the kids as you have the kids say "Hi chicken" (or whatever name you've given the chicken). Other hand puppet-like bits of interaction with the kids are also possible.
Owen Anderson
View Profile
Loyal user
A sturdy fence needs at least
229 Posts

Profile of Owen Anderson
Wedge a duck/goose call into your rubber chicken's throat. It will honk when you squeeze it!
Owen Anderson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rubber Chicken Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL